Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Re: Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Postby Ananda » November 28th, 2013, 12:41 am

Didn't Nuka said in the movie that they left the pridelands? So yeah.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby KingCub » November 28th, 2013, 7:43 am

[quote="Ananda"]Didn't Nuka said in the movie that they left the pridelands? So yeah.[/quote]
But is that talking about the 3 main hyenas? I don't remember that part exactly, but I think he just mentions the hyenas in general.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Ananda » November 28th, 2013, 12:49 pm

[quote="KingCub"][quote="Ananda"]Didn't Nuka said in the movie that they left the pridelands? So yeah.[/quote]
But is that talking about the 3 main hyenas? I don't remember that part exactly, but I think he just mentions the hyenas in general.[/quote]

Considering the fact that the movie focused on three main hyenas gives you the impression that he was talking about them.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby EdtheHyena » November 30th, 2013, 2:01 am

[quote="Zulama"]I think some of them died and some of them didn't. I would imagined that the hyenas that ran away during the battle survived, but the ones that stayed to fight were either killed by the lionesses and Simba or thrown into the fires below Pride Rock. And I would assume that the hyenas that turned against Scar were burned alive while they were mauling Scar, and I believe that Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed were in the mix. The hyenas that survived probably ran off from the Elephant Graveyard as stated by Nuka, but after that their status on whether or not they are alive can not be determined.[/quote]

But everyone else was around the fire too (which was quickly hosed out by the rain).

I saw you made that topic after I made my post explaining why it's pretty much guaranteed they survived...did you read it?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby PrincessKiara » December 13th, 2013, 10:34 pm

[quote="KingCub"][quote="Ananda"]Didn't Nuka said in the movie that they left the pridelands? So yeah.[/quote]
But is that talking about the 3 main hyenas? I don't remember that part exactly, but I think he just mentions the hyenas in general.[/quote]

Yes, he does just mention "hyenas" in general. In any case, he might not have known Shenzi, Banzai and Ed by name.

Regarding the OPs question, I personally believe the three main hyenas survived. To my knowledge, it`s not been confirmed that they did, I just think it`s strongly implied in the film that a lot of hyenas survived, we do see some running away from Pride Rock and the fire.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby OuRaion » February 10th, 2014, 9:59 pm

(Not sure if this has been said before, but oh well)

A) How did the lions survive in the deserted wasteland without food after Scar died? It didn't turn back to normal overnight; and B) What happened to all the hyenas?

The hyenas are the only characters that didn't show up in any of the other movies. I'm thinking those two questions are related.

My theory is that Simba and his pride ate the hyenas. How else would they have been able to survive in that wasteland with barely any food that Scar had left behind?
Turns out that one hyena is more than enough for a lioness to survive for a week even, and there were thousands of hyenas.

Seeing as lions in this movie are capable of building cages (http://pridelands.eu/hd/image5678.html), I wouldn't doubt the theory that the hyenas were eaten.
So yes, I think that they hyenas were eaten, as bad as it sounds. But to me, it seems likely, given the situation.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby MooLion » February 10th, 2014, 11:24 pm

In the way that some books and films go, it isn't actually that crazy to think that after devouring Scar, the main three hyenas were burnt to death. They were still villains of a sort and needed some comeuppance. That's four (and maybe more hyenas) bad eggs dealt with! So I would't've ruled that out.

However I would ideally think they did survive, as they were pretty cool and fun characters. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby EdtheHyena » February 19th, 2014, 10:21 pm

I don't know why this is a debate. I thought it had been established that they survived due to their appearance in the post-movie TV series.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 12th, 2014, 10:40 pm

I believed that most survived and technically, it has been confirmed.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Fangtuft » May 27th, 2014, 5:34 pm

I don't know if it was ever shown in the canon, but I think that they DID survive...
I saw them in Lion King 1 1/2, but that was before that. Looking at the screenshot someone posted earlier, it is almost sure that after they consumed Scar (*sobs*), they would've had ample time to escape, because there was not that much fire in the area. Plus, they couldve jumped on the rocks and such, as they were shown doing so in various scenes from the movie.
yes, i am a comic author uvuImage
Fangtuft

Be Prepared!!!

Nickname(s): Cyuuzaki
Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King