Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Re: Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Postby Tora » November 12th, 2013, 4:13 am

Acording to TLK 2; Vitani said that the hyenas left the Elephant Graveyard. Doesn't that kind of prove that they survived? :/
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 6:14 pm

But did Shenzi, Banzai and Ed???
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby KingCub » November 12th, 2013, 8:36 pm

[quote="Tora"]Acording to TLK 2; Vitani said that the hyenas left the Elephant Graveyard. Doesn't that kind of prove that they survived? :/[/quote]
But I think that relates to them leaving when Scar took over. So they moved from the Graveyard to the Pride Lands. But I could easily be wrong!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 9:21 pm

I hope you are...the thought of them perishing is just too terrible to believe. :(

BTW, when I asked someone online to confirm for me that they were alive, he said that whoever said they died deserves to be bitten on the butt by Shenzi! :)
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 6:27 pm

I think you're getting a bit melodramatic about this. Mufasa is one of my favorite characters: he died what in real life would have been a horrific and painful death, but do I get anxious and worked up about it? No. Because he is fictitious. He isn't real. He isn't a real person who had to go through something like that.

The same logic can be applied to the hyenas. It isn't as if three real people or animals had been possibly scorched to death. They are characters in a movie! An extremely good movie, yes, but still. It didn't actually happen.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 14th, 2013, 8:06 pm

ARE YOU SAYING THEY DID DIE??!!!!!

Plus, I thought it had been confirmed by their appearence in "Timon and Pumbaa" that they were alive. Why would they be in the series if they're dead??!!!
Animal of the Wild

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 9:07 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]ARE YOU SAYING THEY DID DIE??!!!!!

[/quote]

Did you even read my post properly?

Anyway, another one of your threads has established the many canon-inconsistencies to be found in the series (the main one being Scar making appearances despite being dead) so I don't think you can take any official evidence from there.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby EdtheHyena » November 17th, 2013, 3:18 am

I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that they survived.

KingCub summed up what we know of their status pretty well:

[quote]
In all honestly, I also don't really care if they are alive or not.

They where henchmen, backup to Scar. They are not a main character and the directors made sure of it by not making the watcher get emotionally attached to them.[/quote]

Which is the usual fate for the slapstick bad guys. A good example of this is the countless "Land Before Time" sequels. All of the bad guys sort of disapear, and we never know if they survived or not. Do we really care? Not likely. But since they didn't show it, it's pretty likely they did.

Like I said, I think that here it was actually pretty obvious that they survived, for numerous reasons.

1. everybody else below Pride Rock survived.
2. They were mentioned in the sequel.
3. They were primarily funny villians. Disney rarely kills off those guys.
4. They were in a series that took place after the movie, which, even if it wasn't meant to be canon, wouldn't have worked if they died.
5. They were originally going to be in the second movie.

I think it's pretty clear they are alive.

But let's just ignore the obvious and assume they died. While it would be sad if Ed (my favorite) died, they are still fictional, which means it's really up to your own opinion---it's not like Amelia Earheart, who disapeared off the face of the earth.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby mamaprince » November 27th, 2013, 4:57 am

As far as I know they survived. Lion king 2 didn't have them because The Outlanders where the Main villains.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Meskhenet » November 27th, 2013, 9:41 pm

I think some of them died and some of them didn't. I would imagined that the hyenas that ran away during the battle survived, but the ones that stayed to fight were either killed by the lionesses and Simba or thrown into the fires below Pride Rock. And I would assume that the hyenas that turned against Scar were burned alive while they were mauling Scar, and I believe that Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed were in the mix. The hyenas that survived probably ran off from the Elephant Graveyard as stated by Nuka, but after that their status on whether or not they are alive can not be determined.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King