The Lion King on TV

The Lion King on TV

Postby Timon the great » June 23rd, 2012, 5:47 am

To celebrate TLK's 18th year Anniversary, ABC Family will be showing the movie 2X (that's right. 2nd showing right after 1st) this upcoming Sunday evening here in the USA (and as usual on television, please check your local listings for exact time ;) ).

I thought it'd be good to create the topic now with 2 days left. It's a big deal because not only the Anniversary celebration, but also because it isn't shown much on regular TV now a days. Everyone out there who likes or is into TLK should show their appreciation and support by watching. I say this especially because television channel networks do watch what shows/movies get viewers and such, usually determining what comes back later on.

I'll be watching it at least once to show my support. From my experience, I know many people don't like to do this cause of commercials. But I can stand it and I like to see a great movie on the good old TV every now and then with the commerical break experience, he he. Plus, when one comes up, you can also take a break from watching and do something else for a few minutes. Like make a post here on MLK :idea:!

So fellow members, will you be watching? and your thoughts?

Oh, and Happy 18th TLK :hug: !
2014: come the big 2-0.

*Sources: IMDB.com TLK page/abcfamily.com*
Last edited by Timon the great on September 21st, 2012, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: The Lion King on TV, This Sunday, June 24th

Postby HasiraKali » June 23rd, 2012, 5:55 am

How timely of them. :) I might watch, I don't know. I usually have my own little marathon celebration, but I guess I could have the TV tuned in while I'm doing my own thing on my laptop or whatever. :lol:

I really can't wait for the 20th... that celebration, already in the planning stages, is going to be EPIC.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Wrightfan » June 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm

Almost 20 years really seems hard to believe.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby cleargreenwater » June 23rd, 2012, 4:52 pm

[quote="HasiraKali"]How timely of them. :) I might watch, I don't know. I usually have my own little marathon celebration, but I guess I could have the TV tuned in while I'm doing my own thing on my laptop or whatever. :lol:

I really can't wait for the 20th... that celebration, already in the planning stages, is going to be EPIC.[/quote]

Hell yes.

I will probably have the movie on while its playing, but my favorite TLK-on-TV moment will probably be last month. I went to not one, not two, but THREE First Communions in one day, "celebrating" liberally at the afterparty to each one because well, I'm not really the most religious person on earth and that's a hella lot of church in one day not to mention all the marathon driving & deadlines :lol: And when my mother met me at the last one for my cousin/her neice's kid and drove me home more than a couple of sheets to the wind, my godsister (who'se a Disney fanatic, so she understands my TLK thing,) texted me that it was on Disney Channel.

Well, when I got home, it quickly became a sing-along, lol :sing:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Tora » June 24th, 2012, 8:22 pm

I think I'll tune in to watch this. 8-)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby TheLionPrince » June 24th, 2012, 8:52 pm

I noticed it was going to air on ABC Family about a week ago, but I forgot today is June 24. Just wow! Eighteen years ago, Simba roared the roar heard around the world. I'm glad Disney/ABC is taking time out to honor the film.

However, I will watch the encore presentation because I'll be watching the CNN special of Michael Jackson's death or something else.

Anyway, HAPPY EIGHTEEN BIRTHDAY, THE LION KING!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » June 25th, 2012, 7:40 am

Thanks to this thread I was able to tune in for most of the 2nt showing (Tuned in just in time for the Stampede) so Thanks Timon the great. It was great to see it on T.V. (and for it's anniversary no less). It is a bit surreal (if that is the right word) for me because Lion King is now as old as I was when I first saw it.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 25th, 2012, 7:51 am

I just finished watching it.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Timon the great » June 26th, 2012, 11:32 pm

[quote="HasiraKali"]How timely of them. :) I might watch, I don't know. I usually have my own little marathon celebration, but I guess I could have the TV tuned in while I'm doing my own thing on my laptop or whatever. :lol:

I really can't wait for the 20th... that celebration, already in the planning stages, is going to be EPIC.[/quote]

Your own marathon celebration :ooh2: ??

And yeah. I really look to forward to what happens in 2014. Hopefully, Disney is planning to do something big for TLK..

[quote="cleargreenwater"]
Hell yes.

I will probably have the movie on while its playing, but my favorite TLK-on-TV moment will probably be last month. I went to not one, not two, but THREE First Communions in one day, "celebrating" liberally at the afterparty to each one because well, I'm not really the most religious person on earth and that's a hella lot of church in one day not to mention all the marathon driving & deadlines :lol: And when my mother met me at the last one for my cousin/her neice's kid and drove me home more than a couple of sheets to the wind, my godsister (who'se a Disney fanatic, so she understands my TLK thing,) texted me that it was on Disney Channel.

Well, when I got home, it quickly became a sing-along, lol :sing:[/quote]

Sounds really interesting. I don't consider myself religious. The set up of Christianity in my life is a little different. But if you don't mind me asking out of curiosity CGW, what type of church do you attend?
I guess I could consider myself somewhat religious back in my childhood years because my father had me attend a catholic church back in those days. And since I did, I've got a pretty good handle on what communion is.

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Thanks to this thread I was able to tune in for most of the 2nt showing (Tuned in just in time for the Stampede) so Thanks Timon the great. It was great to see it on T.V. (and for it's anniversary no less). It is a bit surreal (if that is the right word) for me because Lion King is now as old as I was when I first saw it.[/quote]

You are most welcome SimbasGuard. But the celebration has now come to a close :P

I was also out during the first showing and came back to tune into most of the second like around 9:30 with bout 1:30 show time left. I'd probably would've came back earlier that evening if I hadn't put my newly bought TLK 3 Blu-Ray disc into the player.
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kassam » June 30th, 2012, 6:04 am

Am i to assume its rare for this movie to air or do they make a new page everytime it does? lol
"Mesonoxian? What does that mean?""Use Google lol"
Kassam
A Magician

Sorta...

Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Movies