Music of The Lion King

Re: Music of The Lion King

Postby PrincessKiara » December 13th, 2013, 11:10 pm

TLK has the best soundtrack I`ve ever had the pleasure of listening to. The instrumental pieces are simply amazing.. I love Under the Stars and This Land.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Ninaroja » January 11th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Listening to TLK's score makes me wonder why Hans Zimmer only has one Oscar to his name... I love the work he's done on so many other films ("Time" from the Inception OST and The Prince of Egypt OST are particular favorites), but TLK is definitely my favorite. When a film's music leaves an impression on me, that's when I know it's good, and the OST for TLK definitely does that.

"This Land" is probably my favorite of them all. When I get stressed I go and play it and part of "King of Pride Rock" on my piano. In fact, I play them so often I'm starting to not neeed the sheet music for them anymore.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Azerane » January 13th, 2014, 1:10 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]I don't really like it that much....too African for me. The "rule this land" chant was a good example of how overblown it could get at times.[/quote]

You know it's set in Africa, right? :P :lol: I get that it's not going to be to everyone's taste, but I personally love that they've done it that way, as it really helps to set the scene. I agree that TLK has a beautiful score, I can't remember my favourite piece since it's been a while since I listened, but I may have to set it to play softly when I head to bed in a little bit :D

I always wanted to learn some of the score on the piano, but only had a book with the songs in it, not the score. One day :)
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby juhouh » January 13th, 2014, 1:39 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]I don't really like it that much....too African for me.[/quote]
What do you expect from this kind of movie? That "African" makes it awesome since it's based on the most beautiful wildlife on Earth!
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Gaze » January 15th, 2014, 10:03 am

oh my gosh, I love it so much. it's so beautiful and completely perfect for the film...whenever I listen to the score I feel so emotional and inspired.

An Argument/You're Mufasa's Boy is my favorite portion, the highlights being: the bit where Simba is chasing Rafiki and the female vocals come in briefly, the chaos when Simba is following Rafiki to the pool, and the end where Simba decides to head on back to the pridelands
echoing many others in my appreciation of Under the Stars, W O W
the classic 'busa' scene with Simba running through the desert is also a really great piece of music

listening to Rhythm of the Pride Lands as we speak. on that note, have any of you heard the recordings of Busa and Lea Halalea from the Hans Zimmer: Wings of a Film album? those are really great, just listened for the first time in a few years, highly recommend

also some of the music from the bway musical does a great job of putting me in that "oh my god I LOVE the lion king" zone, particularly Lioness Hunt and Grasslands Chant.

EDIT: oh my gosh, I can't believe this is the first time I've listened to Rhythm of the Pride Lands! I had no idea that it had an extended version of the female-vocals bit I mentioned earlier in this post. wow so excited!!!!!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Music fits the movie quite perfectly as the songs are all quite Epic as many have said after the movie was shown first time. Best opening song most definately.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 11th, 2014, 10:11 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"]There are "those" films that have stood the test in time and stayed relevant for so long because of their great OST; The Lion King is one of those films for sure.
It wasn't until King Of Pride Rock, the part that played as Simba ascends Pride Rock at the end that it really hit me; then I went back and listened to the rest of the soundtrack and realized the whole thing was brilliant and fit each scene beautifully.[/quote]

I agree completely! I was also rather hooked right away by a few other parts of the soundtrack, but it was that part of 'King of Pride Rock' that was the best. It was just so brilliant and the scene itself was directed to fit the music perfectly (or perhaps the other way around).

It might sound weird, but I prefer listening to soundtracks way more than to songs. Over 90% of the music on my phone is soundtracks from movies, TV shows and video games and TLK's OST is definitely the crown jewel!
I own the special edition of the soundtrack and, once the Legacy Collection's release came out, I instantly got it as well and was delighted with all the added pieces as well as the early demos & recordings! You guys definitely need to get the Legacy Collection's release in case you don't have it yet!
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » October 24th, 2014, 7:18 am

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]
It might sound weird, but I prefer listening to soundtracks way more than to songs. Over 90% of the music on my phone is soundtracks from movies, TV shows and video games and TLK's OST is definitely the crown jewel!
I own the special edition of the soundtrack and, once the Legacy Collection's release came out, I instantly got it as well and was delighted with all the added pieces as well as the early demos & recordings! You guys definitely need to get the Legacy Collection's release in case you don't have it yet![/quote]

We have so much in common! :lol:

I too enjoy the score much more than the songs. That isn't to say that the songs are bad, and I do like them a lot, but it was the score that hooked me into the movie. In fact, before I finally found it, a very short bit from "Under the Stars" alluded me for several years, and I searched for it for quite some time. It was finding it (and listening to "King of Pride Rock" during the search process) that got me to look at other TLK stuff and then I found MLK...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » October 24th, 2014, 3:00 pm

:p

I don't remember how I found MLK. But, after watching the movie, the scene I kept coming back to was the one after the fight against Scar and the hyenas. There was also that small bit after Simba's argument with Nala in the jungle, just before Rafiki shows up, where a part from "Under the Stars" is played.
Where's my banner, by the way? :x
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » October 28th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Well, I finally went ahead and ordered that Rhythm of the Pride Lands CD that I wanted for so long. Can hardly wait for it to arrive! I will finally be able to get rid of those MP3s I have and replace them with much nicer sounding FLAC files on my music player!

Amazon is claiming that it will arrive by Friday, so I can expect to get it before the weekend. Sweet! :D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King