It's the hard times that make you wise
It's the sweet things only time brings
That arrive like a blessing in disguise"
~ Bryan Adams ~

Spoiler: show
~1st Siggy by Me~
-Winner Bars by Simba-
KovusTrueMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"We gotta go back to the future!"

Nickname(s): KTM, Kovu, Balto, and McFly (No, really)
Pride Points: 0

Re: The Lion King's 16th Anniversary - June 24th

Postby RayCat » June 24th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Hail The Lion King!
*we need a speech!*
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby CubbieSimba » June 24th, 2010, 5:09 pm

OMGOSH! I'm already doing TLK stuff today...got my soundtrack of The Lion King and El Rey Leon playing..and watching the movie in English, French and Spanish (both versions)....HAPPY 16th ANNIVERSARY TLK!
CubbieSimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"Oh I Just Can't Wait To Be King!"

Nickname(s): CS
Pride Points: 1

Postby rich198 » June 24th, 2010, 5:17 pm

happy aniversary
speech speech
well ive never been good with words so here goes nothing...
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Thanks go to Natiliethelionqueen for the siggy
rich198

thanks go to SC for the avvie

Nickname(s): forest, allen, the one-eyebrowed lion
Pride Points: 3

Postby RayCat » June 24th, 2010, 5:20 pm

go ahead, Rich ^^
My graphics thread
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Postby FlipMode » June 24th, 2010, 5:27 pm

MLK users, lend me your era for a while whilst I rant about the awsomeness of this gilm, on a momentous day (Copy + Paste from the other TLK 16th aniversary topic because I am so impressed by it) lol ^^.

16 years is incredible! Considering this Film is still so hugely popular (and it really is, it's just not evryone would join a forum about it), still referred to by many people, merchandise still selling strong and if that's not a testament to this film's greatness, well then the fact that it still holds it's own and exceeds the quality of today's animated films certainly is. Really this film hasn't aged a single bit, sure in age it has but in terms of pure quality, the silky smooth animation, great art style and universal appeal that made the film a sucess (among other aspects) it's still the same grreat film.

To put what I am saying into more simpler terms: When a Film that released 16 yars ago, could have been released this year and still caused just as much a huge impact now as it did back then even with no extra / edited content at all.... You know for a fact that Disney have made a winner here. And I don't think it will ever die out, this film is a legend that even my children will end up appreciating, and then their children etc etc...I do think that a cinema 3D re release of the first 3 to celebrate the 16th birthday would have gone down a treat and boght the film to a new generation though. Because even is evident on this very forum: The Lion King can and infact does appeal to everyone of all ages.

Speaking of this site, the film has bought upon this tremendous community of fans that we have right here, inspired huge amounts of creatvity through out it's fanbase and introduced me to an absoloutely awesome community here at MLK in every sense of the word.And so it's with all that in mind (and I have missed alot of points, I know ^^), that I say happy 16th anniversary to a film that, sales figures aside is the undisputed Kingof films for me at least.. That Film's name is THE LION KING, AND FOREVER MAY THY REIGN

Thank you, enjoy the rest of the celebrations!
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby RayCat » June 24th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Very well said, Flip! *claps*
My graphics thread
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Postby AdAstrα » June 24th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Happy Birthday TLK!

This film will ALWAYS be my favourite <3
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Azdgari » June 24th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Happy birthday, best movie ever! =D
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby RayCat » June 24th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Everyone! Into the chatbox!!! *points* the party's there apparently!
My graphics thread
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements