Rules are Rules

Re: Rules are Rules

Postby Baya » February 16th, 2010, 9:45 pm

No SM, I won't =)

You come in here trying to "Moderate" as Thani calls it. Unless your a mod, I have the full right to say what I like (Within the grounds of the rules). You were directing an attack at me, and you think I'll take it lying down? This ain't a communist website last time I checked so go bark orders at your dog and not at me.
Gone for good.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby SimbasMate » February 16th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Wasn't barking any orders at you. You are personalizing everything I am telling you. But.. you can think your own thoughts, post your own opinion, and I have the same right ;) I am not going to reply to anything else you say, because I will go find someone else to "troll". ;)
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SnowyCheetah » February 16th, 2010, 10:10 pm

[quote="Amadeus"]Trolling: Is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning.

That is the direct definition of trolling. I didn't antagonize a single person. I was attacked for being proud of not being a rule breaker so I just rebuttled. As for SM you are suggesting I keep my opinions to myself, then tell me to back off Thani. Please go read the constitution before coming in here and trying to point fingers. I have the complete right to give my opinion regarding Thani's opinion. I'm not forcing anyone to accept what I said, so technically im within my right. It does not harm him, nor does it infringe of any of his other rights so I don't see what you are trying to accuse me of.[/quote]

How about you back off my friend, eh? :grr:

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby YFWE » February 16th, 2010, 10:14 pm

How about everyone take a chill pill?

This isn't about who broke the rules, who feels good about not following them, or who is supposedly backseat modding. It's about all of us members who are still here following the rules, going about their own business and not worrying about others as much as we seem to.

Too much animosity in this thread and others sometimes, I swear. We're better than this, guys.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Baya » February 16th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Don't worry. I am not sticking around anymore. MLK has gone to idiots...and I just can't take it anymore. If you are all wise, don't waste your time on MLK anymore. People like SM and Neon will be the majority and you will not find peace on here anymore.
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby Thani » February 16th, 2010, 10:41 pm

I take chill-pills everyday for sure, otherwise I wouldn't be able to live without severe depression and psychosis..

As for the question what those infractions were, I am not going to list them down for ya, I'd rather advice to read the pages, and select them for yourself. Why? Well, I am not a moderator, so why should I even bother to feed some hay to the firey people?

All I asked for is to have people obey the rules, and all I said was: Staff Appointed Moderators are moderators, nobody else is. Seemingly some do have problems with that fact though. Wherever there are people, there are discussions debates or even bickering.. And no, I am not even willing to become a mod. Simply do not have the time for that. :)

I don't need "status" or "title" to feel special. Everybody is special in his/her own way. But what sets most people in a comparable way is when it comes to discussion/fights/etc. Most do tend to be overly convinced of their own rights, defending themselves to the utmost, without realizing they are actually hurting somebody else in the process. However, there are also people who actually are peaceloving: Everybody is as far as I know!

But it is a matter of give-and-take. Sometimes there are occassions that even when you are right, you are obliged to refrain from harsh statements.
If you sollicitate for a job, and you're rejected because you don't seem to fit the job applied for, then it can be (in some cases) but mostly isn't a personal attack. Same here, I did not attack anybody by name. I just stuck my nose into something that is not my business to solve, just because I too want a peaceful atmosphere. And whatever somebody's constitution says: People always use/abuse it for their own little good.

Constitution doesn't matter aslong as it is open to free interpretation. If it had a ethic rule like: "You gotta belch!" Then some find that disgusting, and others are completely indifferent to it, and some feel happy about it. But it is not about what stands in the constitution itself.. All written is a mere guideline about a code of conduct on how to deal with things peacefully.

And to my dissappointment, some people here do tend to put all the blame upon another, feel the unnessecary need of being attacked personally, even when there are no names mentioned, but resorting to attacking those whom they feel that is "attacking" them.

There is only one option: Abide the rules handed out by the MLK staff. Ofcourse people do break the rules. Generally it is dismissed as a minor mistake. Yet when we do take things all to personal, we ain't making it better to solve the matter in the most peacefull and fastest way possible!
There again: I would like to report the infractive situations to the mods openly, once again. Why? Well if nobody would care about it, then it doesn't even matter to anybody if a close relative or friend etc. had died right? But that does matter to most, so we do care about each-other. Now let's use that to common good, and settle this unnessesary finger-pointing once and for all.

For your convenience: A rule on most forums etc. are: Report any infraction to the moderators, and let them deal with it.. Ofcourse everybody has a different way to see what is offensive and what not. But some things of this topic truly are simply offensive to fellow-members.

We are a pride, right?
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani
Pride Points: 0

Postby Baya » February 16th, 2010, 10:45 pm

The reason you ain't listing the infractions is because there aren't any. You are just bull crapping to get your own way... So glad I'm leaving.
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby FurryKristian » February 16th, 2010, 10:47 pm

This topic should get locked. Period.
FurryKristian

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasMate » February 16th, 2010, 10:50 pm

A suggestion: Topics like these that are drama prone, should be locked when a mod posts it. So stuff like this doesn't happen.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Neon » February 16th, 2010, 10:53 pm

[quote="Amadeus"]The reason you ain't listing the infractions is because there aren't any. You are just bull crapping to get your own way... So glad I'm leaving.[/quote]
Forgive me Amadeus for being off topic but you are trolling. Perhaps you haven't you are trying to get attention but nevertheless this has gone way off topic and this thread should be locked. Also I have reported myself and you for trolling. Amadeus the fact that you have my name in a troll list and SM is enough for me to call you a troll for directly spiting us. I taking a screenshot to a mod.
Last edited by Neon on February 16th, 2010, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements