The spammers

Re: The spammers

Postby WildSimba » November 11th, 2009, 1:59 am

It depends, there are two kinds, internet-wise.

There's a good bot, that searches the forum for posts. (The ones at the bottom). These could help people find you through that search engine.

The bad bot though, is a program created by an advertisement company, to go and post adds around wherever they can get too.

Then sometimes, it's actual humans that spam. It's kind of like those collect calls. They usually do it for their company, as to not get in trouble. Some of the humans spammers do it, just to be buttholes. Their usually the overweight guys, who have no life, and sit at home at the computer all day hacking people/spamming forums, because they got nothing to do in their parents basement.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Cloverclaw » November 12th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Well thanks so now i know but i think that those guys in their basements would be scary to meet o.O they could be a stalker. o.o Only if the bots at the bottom could delete those who are the bad bots.

That would be cool.
Cloverclaw

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Im Evil XD

Pride Points: 0

Postby Neon » January 8th, 2010, 4:38 am

So far while being here I have yet to see spam for the recent months but I'm rather disappointed with the goings around here ocassionally.
1.Whats with the Drama?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4247&start=30
2.Attitude
[url=http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6145[/url]
3.Minor trolling
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5848&start=10
I don't wish this web to be a eventual trolling breeding place.
It all starts from a spam thread. I seen it a lot of times. I came to this website and the Pride Forum because I WANTED to get away from trolling, I HAD enough of it and was tired or trashing my cyber image.
Spoiler: show
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » January 8th, 2010, 4:59 am

It's unfortunate... but the mods can't see everything that goes on. If you see stuff like this, do them a favor, and report it. This forum is a bit... drama-filled sometimes, but overall it's a very fun place too be.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby LadyAnette » January 8th, 2010, 5:01 am

That's a good idea. I'm sure the forums will get better with this new rule! :)
LadyAnette

Pride Points: 1

Postby Dutch » January 8th, 2010, 6:06 am

No matter where you go online there will be drama. The only difference is how much and how we react to it.

Most of the time they just want attention and are trolling, so just ignore it.
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Pride Points: 1

Postby Neon » January 8th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Exactly but what I mean is that if people continue to react then they will become trolls themselves.

Sweet little girl(Shadowsoul)
Became a troll after being so overreactive.
Should have expected it............
Spoiler: show
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

Postby KingKivuli » January 8th, 2010, 2:22 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]It's unfortunate... but the mods can't see everything that goes on. If you see stuff like this, do them a favor, and report it. This forum is a bit... drama-filled sometimes, but overall it's a very fun place too be.[/quote]

your right we dont see everything. we do appreciate members that flag items up or even pm us about it. ill admit we may not reply back and say thanks but we are grateful when a member helps out. so thanks for everyones help so far
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Previous

Return to News & Announcements