Roleplay Updates and a new RP Mod!

Roleplay Updates and a new RP Mod!

Postby Mike » November 2nd, 2009, 5:02 am

Over the last little while we’ve been working diligently on some major updates to the way RPs at MLK work. We’ve noticed that an important rule of RPing at MLK has gone virtually ignored: Do not post one-line responses. This is an effort for us to accept that some people RP that way, while still ensuring that the RP section at MLK has standards.

I started by completely rewriting most of the rules, guides, and tips and incorporating them all into one Mothership Guide thread which can now be found in the RP section. It essential that you read through the Three Tier System description and the Updated Rules. If you plan to start any new RPs please read the Starting a new RP section. Don’t be intimidated by how long the guide is! You don’t have to read it all at once, and there’s a table of contents at the beginning that will allow you to quickly find any specific help you may need.

Now for a quick description of what you’ll find in the Three Tier System description of the guide. The most important update is that one-line posts are only allowed in the beginner section. (Though exceptions will occasionally be made) This means that a lot of the RPs currently found in the forums will be in the beginner section to start with. Since one of the biggest objectives of the new RP system is to improve the quality of RPs at MLK it’s my hope that a lot of the RPs currently sorted into the beginner forum will work hard to improve, with the same thing going for RPs currently in Intermediate. Advanced is the ultimate goal, and is very hard to attain.

All current RPs have been sorted into the tiers. We have left a shadow link in the sandbox where you can see exactly which tier your RP has been placed in. As you will find in the Mothership Guide, RPs are judged by their most recent posts, which means that moving up through the tiers is not at all an impossible task. If you have any questions or concerns after reading through the guide about the tier that your RP has been assigned, feel free to PM me. If you have more general questions, feel free to post them in the thread containing hte Mothership Guide.

The new system means that RP mods will be having a little more work now-a-days, and we will be checking all active RPs periodically to see if they need to be moved from one tier to another, and to enforce the rules. To help us with this new responsibility, it gives me very great pleasure to let you all know that KiarasMate has accepted a position with the RP mods! Let’s have a big hand for him =)
Last edited by Mike on November 2nd, 2009, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Re: Roleplay Updates and a new RP Mod!

Postby SarabisMate » November 2nd, 2009, 5:04 am

WWOOOOO!!!! (whistles) KiarasMate!!! you go BUDDY!!! :lol: (and pops confetti)
ImageShika
Spoiler: show
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Pride Points: 3

Postby CheetahCat » November 2nd, 2009, 5:06 am

Hehe, congratulations on your promotion KM. ^^ It was a excellent choice by the staff. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby KingKivuli » November 2nd, 2009, 5:07 am

oh yeah!!!!! KM! KM! KM! KM! KM! woop woop. welcome to the team. cant think of anyone more deserving
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby KiarasMate » November 2nd, 2009, 5:32 am

lol, thank you all for your kind support. ^^ I figured since I mainly live in the RP section and tend to read along with most of the RPs on here anyways, this just seemed like a good choice to make. I'll do my best to uphold the high standards set by all MLK Staff and look forward to serveing you all here on MLK, at least, as far as RP issues goes. lol. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Moka » November 2nd, 2009, 5:51 am

I would like to congratulate Kiara's Mate on the promotion! And I would like to add that some OT RP Planning topics were moved to the new, appropriate forum in the Off Topic Role Playing Forums...in case anyone was wondering where they went.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby NightmareMoon » November 2nd, 2009, 6:07 am

Congratulations KM. :)
You definitely deserve this position and I KNOW you will make a great RP mod!
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby KiarasMate » November 2nd, 2009, 6:52 am

*bows graciously to both Moka and NM*

Thank you both. I'll try not to let you down. lol. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SimbasMate » November 2nd, 2009, 12:38 pm

Congrats, KM! *hands him a juce box*
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby LilTiger » November 2nd, 2009, 12:47 pm

Congrats KM. :)
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Next

Return to News & Announcements