The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby SimbasGuard » February 28th, 2015, 8:53 pm

[quote="Marizzle"]Does anyone know if there will be any The Lion Guard merchandise in stores, when it comes out? :/[/quote]

Disney has said that there will be toys and other merchandise based on the series, in fact I think that the official concept art that we have seen for the other members of The Lion Guard are from books that will come out.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I don't think they resemble previous lion guards because there was nothing about a lion guard in any of the movies, this lion guard thing is something new in the TLK world.[/quote]

Actually the premiss of of the series says that (and I am paraphrasing here):
Kion defies tradition when instead of recruiting a team of young lions to serve in his Lion Guard he gathers a team of different animals that he thinks can do the best job.

That kind of implies that there were other Lion Guards before Kion's team, after all you can not defy a tradition if no such establishment existed previously?

Now granted there was no Lion Guard active during Mufasa or Scar's reign (and from what we know it is likely that there was no Lion Guard during Ahadi or Mohatu's Reign). However we don't know how long Simba's ancestors have ruled The Pride Lands for. There could have been a Lion Guard serving under any King of The Pride Lands before Mohatu.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 12th, 2015, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » March 2nd, 2015, 12:11 am

Another thing i do have to say is that I REALLY love the name of the show. It wouldn't feel out of place as a lion king sequel subtitle.

It definitely has a hero team vibe to it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Marizzle » March 2nd, 2015, 12:49 am

^Same here! It does not only have that "hero vibe" to it but it also captivates and perfectly matches the series and its main character. The fact that Kion "defies" everyone by creating a "Lion Guard" with animals other than lions sounds pretty "badass", to be honest. :lol:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Elton John » March 2nd, 2015, 1:00 am

I'm a bit curious as to how much action this show will have. I have noticed that cartoons starring animals can get away with a lot of things that cartoons starring humans usually can't get away with.

The avengers is the big inspiration for the lion guard.

Will this show push boundries for disney jr in the same way that the lion king pushed boundries for disney animated films?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 2nd, 2015, 9:42 am

I would love it if this show exceeds my expectations (Which I am keeping at a moderate level, given the fact that this will be a preschool show). The show's premise say that it will highlight creative problem solving, to me that means solving without confrontation. While that is an awesome way of accomplishing things in real life, when used as a plot for television or movies, it doesn't really lend itself to any action scenes. :(
As far as pushing the boundaries for a Disney Junior show, that is possible. They just need to phrase it as raising the quality bar for Disney Junior. If they flat out say that they are pushing the boundaries of preschool shows, it would undoubtedly attract attention from some group that would overreact. ;)

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Akril » March 3rd, 2015, 1:10 pm

Another new cover's been added to the catalog (click the thumbnail for a bigger image): http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/P ... 1484729498

It's mostly copies of character art we've already seen, but notice that Beshte also has a pawprint on his shoulder!
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Marizzle » March 3rd, 2015, 2:48 pm

Oh, what a great find! :D Maybe, the marks are a "symbol" shared by every member of The Lion Guard. It would make sense and, if it was, explain why Kion has such an odd mark on his fur. :chuckle:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Postby SimbasGuard » March 3rd, 2015, 9:39 pm

[quote="Marizzle"]Maybe, the marks are a "symbol" shared by every member of The Lion Guard. It would make sense and, if it was, explain why Kion has such an odd mark on his fur. :chuckle:[/quote]

That is a possibility, but it makes me wonder about Kion's lion head mark. Perhaps Kion will have a Lion head mark because he is the leader and as Marizzle said The rest of The Lion Guard has a paw print mark. It will be interesting to see what the final character designs are when the series premiers.

SimbasGuard

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 4th, 2015, 12:17 am

I really hope his eyes wont always look like that, he almost looks like a zombie lion, it just bothers me cause it stands out like an eye sore :sad:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Marizzle » March 4th, 2015, 12:24 am

^I also don't like how his eyes look on the books. As you said, he almost looks like he's a "zombie-lion". :/ :chuckle:
Although, I do believe his eyes will be just as we saw them on the first revealed, animated, images. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements