[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016) — My Lion King Forum

The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby electricocomics » December 4th, 2014, 3:52 am

I keep my expectations low for anything, it's keeps me from being overly disapointed with things, especially new releases. Don't get me wrong the animation looks polished (for the 2 or so seconds we got) and the artistic style is still true to disney classics, but what I am trying to say is don't go in expecting an amazing lion king reboot, just a nice nod to a classic because you'll be less disapointed if the lion guard fails. Gamers that played Watch Dogs or Destiny probably know the feeling and what I mean with this.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » December 4th, 2014, 6:07 am

I am looking forward to it. I know that it's going to be made for a very young audience, but I really don't care anymore.

I love how disney is FINALLY continuing the canon story. I love the new prince. I am excited at the fact that almost all my old favorites will be around for new adventures.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby goody2shoes » December 4th, 2014, 2:12 pm

yeah i am really glad that lion king is haveing new movie and show i have been saying i wanted them to make one and now they are i cant wait and i hope they keep it on unlike they do with timon and pumbaas show they never keep that on really :)
Last edited by goody2shoes on December 4th, 2014, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goody2shoes

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 4th, 2014, 2:13 pm

[quote="electricocomics"]I keep my expectations low for anything, it's keeps me from being overly disapointed with things, especially new releases. Don't get me wrong the animation looks polished (for the 2 or so seconds we got) and the artistic style is still true to disney classics, but what I am trying to say is don't go in expecting an amazing lion king reboot, just a nice nod to a classic because you'll be less disapointed if the lion guard fails. Gamers that played Watch Dogs or Destiny probably know the feeling and what I mean with this.[/quote]

one of the things that worry me is they say they are giving the hyenas a different look, and the question is how different :disgust5: i like them just the way they are

and ive also been thinking maybe I should just start watching Disney junior again
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » December 11th, 2014, 1:48 am

Well as of November 30th we are officially 1 year away from The Lion Guard. Truthfully I think it will premier sometime in mid November, but on the safe side November 30, 2015 is the latest it could premier without Disney having to pull back the release date. The gimps of animation that was shown cured any worry I had about the shows art work. The only thing that I worry about now is the story content. I know the target audience is preschoolers so I'm not expecting epic storytelling. I just hope Kion and the rest of his Lion Guard don't break the fourth wall too much. I believe it is entirely possible for a preschool show to be entertaining and educational to it's target audience without trying to get said audience to participate.

As for The Hyenas having a new look, well the Hyenas on The Lion Guard could be from an entirely different Clan than the one we saw in Lion King. Maybe the new look reflects that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby goody2shoes » December 11th, 2014, 2:30 pm

lion guard may be like sophia the first sorry i do not know how to spell her name or like babar and the advenures of badue most like more like babar and the advenures of badue since its about animals and really they did not change babar too much with babar and the advenures of badue so lion guard should be perty much the same as lion king but ether way they make it i will still like it seeing as i like jake and the neverland pirates
goody2shoes

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby Madlion422 » December 11th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Hi I am new and I don't really know what to do so maybe you can help me, please?
Madlion422

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » December 12th, 2014, 4:32 am

[quote="goody2shoes"]lion guard should be perty much the same as lion king [/quote] Excellent point. A Spin-Off of Lion King Should not be too different from the nature of The Lion King. After all Disney wants people to know of the connection between Lion King and The Lion Guard. changing the nature of the franchise too drastically would defeat the purpose of making a Lion King Spin-Off in the first place.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 2nd, 2015, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 12th, 2014, 4:56 am

I don't see this as a spin-off, a spin-off to me is something like the timon and pumbaa show. This is more like a direct continuation of simbas pride, well, most likely will be.

The most upsetting thing about this announcement is that I haven't seen Vitani be mentioned anywhere in PR. I thought she was very underutilized in SP and would love to see her have a bigger role in this.

I think that Kovu is a given, since Kiara has been referred to as "the future queen of the pride lands".

Now when they say "future queen of the pride lands" it made me very curious. They could have just said she was the daughter to simba, a princess of the pridelands, etc but something about the way the tone of the wording makes me think that her role as Queen will take place much sooner than expected.

I heard that they originally were going to have simba die in Simbas Pride. Is it possible that Simba will pass on in the TV movie?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » December 12th, 2014, 5:19 am

[quote="hey101hey"]I don't see this as a spin-off, a spin-off to me is something like the timon and pumbaa show. This is more like a direct continuation of simbas pride, well, most likely will be.[/quote]

You're absoloutely right I should have said sequel series not Spin-Off. Although in my defense both terms were used in the PR so I blame them :P

[quote="hey101hey"]The most upsetting thing about this announcement is that I haven't seen Vitani be mentioned anywhere in PR. I thought she was very underutilized in SP and would love to see her have a bigger role in this.[/quote]

I agree, I hope she is at least mentioned.

[quote="hey101hey"]I think that Kovu is a given, since Kiara has been referred to as "the future queen of the pride lands".[/quote]

Yeah I can't realistically see them not using Kovu.

[quote="hey101hey"]Now when they say "future queen of the pride lands" it made me very curious. They could have just said she was the daughter to simba, a princess of the pridelands, etc but something about the way the tone of the wording makes me think that her role as Queen will take place much sooner than expected.

I heard that they originally were going to have simba die in Simbas Pride. Is it possible that Simba will pass on in the TV movie?[/quote]

I do not think that is even a possibility, especially given the preschool target audience. They probably just mentioned that Kiara is The Future Queen to let everyone know that even thought Simba And Nala now have a son. Kiara as the first born will remain the Heiress to the Throne.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements