The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby Timon the great » August 2nd, 2014, 3:24 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ I don't know why you're directing that at me, none of it is relevant to my post. I know it's for preschoolers, not a fourth movie, and that the voices will most indubitably not be the original actors. I don't recall ever saying otherwise. However, just because we can't expect it to be as good as the movies does not automatically mean it's going to be bad, or, to the point I was addressing in my previous post, that it will change the personalities of the characters or mess with the chronology.[/quote]
You basically asked for a response and so you can expect that you're going to get replies. And I don't see how mine is completely irrelevant or has nothing to do with your post when I've given you a general response to your question.

Also, with the turn out of this show, it could easily also be the opposite of what you wrote too, character's personalities, etc.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Carl » August 2nd, 2014, 4:45 pm

I just wanted to know why people are making the assumptions that the characters will be inappropriately portrayed before there is any information regarding how the characters are going to be portrayed. You didn't answer that at all, you just restated the obvious (that it's for preschoolers and not an LK4 and probably won't have the original voice actors... which is not what I was talking about at all). I've said it before and I'll say it again, and maybe it will sink in to some of you people's heads this time:

THE SHOW MIGHT BE HORRIBLE. IT MIGHT BE OKAY. IT MIGHT BE BRILLIANT. SO FAR, THERE ARE NO SOLID CLUES EITHER WAY. BUT WE DO KNOW KIARA IS KION'S OLDER SISTER AND THEREFORE NOT A CUB AGAIN.

Based on the information available, there's no reason to automatically assume the characters will be incorrectly portrayed. I just want to know why people think they will be, or why anyone is jumping to any conclusions. I do expect an answer, one that relates to my question and comes from one of the people making the assumptions. By this point, stating that it's directed at preschoolers is not adding anything new, because my theory is, anyone who is discussing it at this point realizes that it will be "dumbed down" and that it is for children. Being a show for small kids, however, does not automatically mean they're going to misrepresent any characters. Sure it's possible that they will. I just want to know why people are making such a big deal about it when we have no information.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 3rd, 2014, 4:01 am

I worry about it when they say Lion King meets the Avengers?
and I dont care for the Avengers but now im thinking I should see it
and think think about what they really mean by that mix
??????
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Gemini » August 3rd, 2014, 8:18 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I just wanted to know why people are making the assumptions that the characters will be inappropriately portrayed before there is any information regarding how the characters are going to be portrayed. You didn't answer that at all, you just restated the obvious (that it's for preschoolers and not an LK4 and probably won't have the original voice actors... which is not what I was talking about at all). I've said it before and I'll say it again, and maybe it will sink in to some of you people's heads this time:

THE SHOW MIGHT BE HORRIBLE. IT MIGHT BE OKAY. IT MIGHT BE BRILLIANT. SO FAR, THERE ARE NO SOLID CLUES EITHER WAY. BUT WE DO KNOW KIARA IS KION'S OLDER SISTER AND THEREFORE NOT A CUB AGAIN.

Based on the information available, there's no reason to automatically assume the characters will be incorrectly portrayed. I just want to know why people think they will be, or why anyone is jumping to any conclusions. I do expect an answer, one that relates to my question and comes from one of the people making the assumptions. By this point, stating that it's directed at preschoolers is not adding anything new, because my theory is, anyone who is discussing it at this point realizes that it will be "dumbed down" and that it is for children. Being a show for small kids, however, does not automatically mean they're going to misrepresent any characters. Sure it's possible that they will. I just want to know why people are making such a big deal about it when we have no information.[/quote]

I have to agree with Julie, here. A lot of people are getting way too spaztastic (making words up Px) when it comes to how the characters are going to be portrayed, and frankly, I don't see where the logic is in this at all. It's like it flew out the window and people are still driving that train of thought full speed down the rails. Come on, slow down for a sec, take a moment to breathe. Yeah, Disney might be making a questionable move in making TLK a kid's show (again). Yeah, maybe they've gone a bit downhill since the 90's. But come on. It's Disney. They've been making kids' films for nearly a century.

Needless to say, I think they know a bit better than to completely f up the timeline into some unrecognizable mess. I mean, yes, I could be wrong, considering TLK 1.5 happened... but seriously, assuming that this show is going to bring Mufasa back from the dead or completely scrap TLK II's continuity by making Kiara a cub just because it's a 'new' Disney TV show aimed for preschoolers is seriously grasping at straws.

I'm sorry, but I just do not understand the reasoning here at all. :/
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 3rd, 2014, 9:39 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I worry about it when they say Lion King meets the Avengers?
and I dont care for the Avengers but now im thinking I should see it
and think think about what they really mean by that mix
??????[/quote]

They just mean that Kion will form a group of animals that will operate similarly to the Avengers. Basically a team that helps protect the Pride Lands. A pretty flimsy comparison considering just merely being a team isn't what makes the Avengers any more distinct than any other rag tag group of heroes in fiction, but that's Disney representatives for ya. Throwing out buzz words to catch people's attention.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » August 3rd, 2014, 9:51 am

[quote="Captain Cupcake"]They just mean that Kion will form a group of animals that will operate similarly to the Avengers. Basically a team that helps protect the Pride Lands. A pretty flimsy comparison considering just merely being a team isn't what makes the Avengers any more distinct than any other rag tag group of heroes in fiction, but that's Disney representatives for ya. Throwing out buzz words to catch people's attention.[/quote]

Yeah I think the only similarity between The Avengers and The Lion Guard is that The Avengers is a team composed of different Super Heroes and The Lion Guard will be a team composed of different animals.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 4th, 2014, 4:02 am

Well for all we know now and all the research that we read, in conclusion right now/for now/until more information is released (as the wait is so torture), I say what will come and what will be, as a dedicated loyal TLK fan I will still support it all the way as much as I can no matter how cheesy they make it, and...

I would like to share this music Video, that I love so much, I dedicate it to our future Prince Kion

enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJbFqO3tHEg

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby SimbasGuard » August 4th, 2014, 7:29 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Well for all we know now and all the research that we read, in conclusion right now/for now/until more information is released (as the wait is so torture), I say what will come and what will be, as a dedicated loyal TLK fan I will still support it all the way as much as I can no matter how cheesy they make it, and...[/quote]

That's a really positive outlook. Hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised when we get to see it. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 4th, 2014, 3:32 pm

I actually have met one of the people who work for the Disneys/Animation/Production, on Facebook, and of course he goes by Kion Lion as a disguise..I think, and I was able to talk to him alot about it.

here he is https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 38&fref=ts

gothprincesskiara

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 5th, 2014, 6:50 pm

ok so when they say the Lion guard is going to be like Jake and the Neverlands Pirates and Sofia the first......

I will say that I love watching Sofia the first, but I had not seen Jake and the Neverland Pirates, till now, I just watch one of the episodes and after seeing it, I realized its at a lower level the Sofia is....

I did some more research between both shows, and found how more about age wise, it says that both Jake and Sofia are for ages 2-5, but I think Sofia is more for 2-7, and for the Lion guard it says 2-7,

They better not make it as the same level as Jack, I hope its just as good as Sofia or better.

gothprincesskiara

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements