The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 25th, 2015, 2:15 am

[quote]Since Kion has this ability, I wonder if the other members of TLG have any. I'm just speculating but, maybe, a few episodes of the series will focus on the discovery of the abilities of every other member of the Guard and how they earn the pawpad marking after it... :?[/quote]

They did the same thing in the first season of My Little Pony...I think, but its all about there cutie Marks
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby FlipMode » March 25th, 2015, 2:20 am

[quote="Marizzle"]I guess Lion descends from a Litleo (Pokémon), with Hyper Voice in its move set. Kidding. :chuckle:

Since Kion has this ability, I wonder if the other members of TLG have any. I'm just speculating but, maybe, a few episodes of the series will focus on the discovery of the abilities of every other member of the Guard and how they earn the pawpad marking after it... :?[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, too.
I mean they need to be able to defend the Pridelands from all the evil hyenas and such after all.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Marizzle » March 25th, 2015, 2:34 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"]That's what I was thinking, too.
I mean they need to be able to defend the Pridelands from all the evil hyenas and such after all.[/quote]
Exactly. Also, it'd be quite stupid for them to be dependent of Kion for everything. I mean, then, they'd be a Guard, where the only one who actually does something is Kion. :/

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]They did the same thing in the first season of My Little Pony...I think, but its all about there cutie Marks[/quote]
They did? I had no idea about this when I suggested that, to be honest. :lol:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby goody2shoes » March 25th, 2015, 1:18 pm

since this month is allmost over we only have about 7 more months to wait for lion guard since its suposed to be in november :)
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 25th, 2015, 4:06 pm

and when will Disney Junior start announcing it?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SlayerOfLight » March 25th, 2015, 5:00 pm

When they want to.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Marizzle » March 25th, 2015, 6:02 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]When they want to.[/quote]
Exactly. :/
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby SimbasGuard » March 26th, 2015, 5:23 am

Purely speculation on my part here, but I think this Roar of The Elders that Kion has will be like a variation on The Proud Roar Simba has in Kingdom Hearts. I can accept it, even though it sounds like a story devices that would prevent the adult lions from having to rush in and save The Lion Guard's tales all the time.
The idea that Marizzle and Flip_FTW had about each member of The Lion Guard having a power of some kind is both interesting and practical. If that turns out to be the case, the comparison between The Lion Guard and The Avengers is not as much of a stretch as I thought.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2015, 6:52 am

The problem I see with that is that Simba's Proud Roar is a gameplay mechanic. As the main character in the Lion King, the developers had to create something for Simba so that he would be able to hold his own in KH. However, take him out of the game, and suddenly, it just seems... weird.

Imagine if in the movies, when Simba roared, instead of simply (possibly) scaring his enemies like a real roar works, Simba actually damaged them? In the final battle with Scar or Zira in SP, all he would have had to do was roar until their HP meters dropped to zero. Makes sense in a game, but in a movie, not at all. So I am going so far as to say that the Proud Roar cannot be canon, since the games themselves are not, and therefore it can't be used as inspiration for something that is supposed to be canon.

Or to put it this way: how seriously would you take someone who will want to look into rocket jumping as a legitimate form of mobility?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » March 26th, 2015, 7:27 am

What if these books aren't actually canon to the movie or tv series?

Kion having a special ability that works like a videogame sounds super silly for the lion king. This isn't dragonball z or pokemon.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements