The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby Carl » April 19th, 2015, 8:07 pm

[quote="Elton John"]That's extremely curious

Either

1: they forgot to change the book cover, and description
2: a person who is a part of that site was causing some mischief
3: book contents are the same but the title now accurately fits that content?

And who is this queen? Kiara most likely, but it could be fuli.... Which would confirm my suspicions that she is kions love interest. It could also be a character from another royal family who hasn't been revealed yet.

Or maybe fuli is a princess from a faraway land?[/quote]
Whether she is Kion's love interest or not, they have (in reference to TLG) already referred to Kiara as the 'future queen.' Unless Kiara dies without cubs, Kion won't be king.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » April 19th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Is everyone pretty certain that Fuli is Kion's love interest? I think an inter-species relationship would be an interesting concept - not sure if Disney would delve into it though.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Elton John » April 19th, 2015, 9:21 pm

It's just speculation on my part.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Lauren » April 25th, 2015, 4:01 am

[quote="Amy"]Is everyone pretty certain that Fuli is Kion's love interest? I think an inter-species relationship would be an interesting concept - not sure if Disney would delve into it though.[/quote]
That would be cool to see. It would be like a thematic parallel to the types of interracial relationships we have in our society.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2015, 4:20 am

I think it would be awesome if this show had an old-school disney cartoon style intro with a song created just for it.

Do cartoons even have intros anymore? Most live action shows don't.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » April 25th, 2015, 4:22 am

Every show I see has an intro, live and cartoon. I'm sure TLG will have one too.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2015, 4:32 am

By intro I mean 30-45 seconds worth of a vocal song accompanied by visuals from the show.

I hope you're right and that it's not just a retread of a movie song like the timon and pumbaa show.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » April 25th, 2015, 5:12 am

[quote="Elton John"]By intro I mean 30-45 seconds worth of a vocal song accompanied by visuals from the show.[/quote]
I knew what you meant, Johnnie Boy. :roll: I haven't seen any shows recently, aside from the ones on ID, without an introduction. All of the Disney Junior shows I've seen have them, if this one didn't, it would be weird.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby SimbasGuard » April 25th, 2015, 6:19 am

[quote="Lauren"]That would be cool to see. It would be like a thematic parallel to the types of interracial relationships we have in our society.[/quote]

I understand that way of thinking, but I doubt a preschool show will even hint at romance. Also if they are actually trying to teach kids something about wildlife, I doubt they would feature a pairing that would never occur in nature.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Lauren » April 25th, 2015, 6:38 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Lauren"]That would be cool to see. It would be like a thematic parallel to the types of interracial relationships we have in our society.[/quote]

I understand that way of thinking, but I doubt a preschool show will even hint at romance. Also if they are actually trying to teach kids something about wildlife, I doubt they would feature a pairing that would never occur in nature.[/quote]
That is true for a fact. I was only admitting that the idea seemed cool, but the show won't go for things like that.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements