MLK Events - Halloween!

MLK Events - Halloween!

Postby Buffy » October 6th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Hello members of MLK!

Well, it’s October which means that at the end of the month it’ll be Halloween! However, only celebrating on Halloween would be ridiculous, because you’d be busy celebrating in real life. This is why I've decided to announce the Halloween events today. That way you can spend all month preparing and celebrating!!

First thing is that we are doing the annual Trick or Treat, which was started by a former member known as LilTiger. For those of you who have never participated in the Trick or Treat, let me explain how it works. It’s basically just like the Secret Santa we do in December, but since it’s Halloween we call it a Trick or Treat. Basically, what you need to do if you want to participate, is post in this thread telling me you want to participate. You’ll have until October 16th to make this post, so that gives you 10 days. But honestly, sooner is better than later, and why wouldn't you want to participate?

Then of course, I will have a bowl and put your usernames in them. Each name will be entered twice and it will be completely random who your trick or treater is. I will PM you with who you’re supposed to “trick or treat”. Now, by trick or treat we don’t actually mean for you to pull a prank or give a member some candy, because let’s face it, it’s an internet site and so obviously there’d just be pranks going on everywhere which would of course cause drama and lots of unnecessary work for the staff. Your job is to make a little present for whichever member you get. It can be anything from a video, to a graphic, to fanart to a poem! It’s all up to you!
It’s also great fun and I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

The next event will be the MLK Costume Contest, which I think is pretty self-explanatory. I’ll set up a thread later in the month for where you can post the pictures of your costumes, and then in early November the members will vote and we’ll see who had this year’s best costume! Be sure to join in guys! I don’t usually dress up, but for this I most likely will!

The third event will be a pumpkin carving contest. It’s pretty similar to the costume contest. Basically you go buy a pumpkin, carve it, take a picture of it and the members will vote for their favourite! I’ll set up a thread for this one later in the month too.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful October and Halloween, and I hope to see you all participating, because it’s going to be a load of fun!

-Buffy.

Costume Contest

Pumpkin Carving Contest

Trick or treat members
Buffy ✔
AdAstra ✔
Regulus ✔
Azdgari ✔
Wolfishgirl ✔
FlipMode ✔
Aina ✔
RayCat ✔
DGFone ✔
Kopalover ✔
Juliette ✔
AmyMarie ✔
RainbowDash ✔
TheRoguePrince ✔
Arani ✔
Tora ✔
Longlivethequeen
Shadowfax ✔
Nilkie8
KingKivuli
KristinaKiara ✔
DatLioness ✔
SophieCub ✔
Whitelionesseyes ✔
TheLionPrince ✔
LionsAreKings
OwnerOfAllGames
Vish
UruSarabiNala ✔
SimbaNalaScarZira123 ✔
SinChei
Kovi73 ✔

Thanks to FlipMode for making the list! :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Re: MLK Events - Halloween!

Postby AdAstrα » October 6th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Ooooh, this sounds like so much fun! :D Sign me up for the trick or treat thing x) hehe
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Regulus » October 6th, 2012, 11:51 pm

[quote="AdAstra"]Ooooh, this sounds like so much fun! :D Sign me up for the trick or treat thing x) hehe[/quote]

^ That :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » October 6th, 2012, 11:58 pm

I would love to do this. :]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby wolfishgirl » October 6th, 2012, 11:59 pm

I'd love to do the Trick or Treat!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait for all this to get started!
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby Buffy » October 6th, 2012, 11:59 pm

Woo yay!
Also, if anyone has any questions... feel free to ask...

I think I pretty much covered everything though.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Postby wolfishgirl » October 7th, 2012, 12:02 am

I do have a question... how would you know if the pumpkin is carved by that person?
Married to vish

Melonie's Aunt

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Warm in your belly!

Postby Buffy » October 7th, 2012, 12:08 am

Well, I'd figure people would want THEIR work to be the one to win. Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I do expect people to be honest and stuff. Cause if I can be honest, so can you guys! x3
Buffy
once i present, but then

Postby wolfishgirl » October 7th, 2012, 12:11 am

If you don't mind me putting in a suggestion, have them video tape themselves doing it... just so it can be a bit more exciting...
Married to vish

Melonie's Aunt

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Warm in your belly!

Postby Buffy » October 7th, 2012, 12:13 am

That would be a great idea, if they're able to. Some may not be allowed to show their faces on the internet, and some may lack a video camera or a webcam. But for those who can do it, sure thing!! :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Next

Return to News & Announcements