Chit Chat

Re: Chit Chat

Postby Moka » September 8th, 2012, 11:55 pm

What sections are being deleted? I don't understand what you're complaining about. I'm honestly sick of people complaining about censorship. This forum needs censorship in the very same way we need moderators to remove posts that are offensive. If we don't, I get sued. I don't like getting sued.

Almost everything everywhere goes through a censorship, even in the great, free United States of America. All of our television and radio content goes through the FCC before it can come to our eyes and ears. The FCC is an agency that was set up by our Congress. This was not an act of dictatorship. Those countries weren't "officially" dictatorships. *giggles* But I know what you mean.

I believe every member has a say in what happens at MLK, but in the end, I'm the one paying $60 every month for this website.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 11:55 pm

[quote="NalaObsesser"]So the issue is chat rooms are causing spam?[/quote]
That's the idea. That there are now a bunch of topics that don't really do anything, can be easily replaced by the chatbox, and are only really serving, apart from the first few minutes when a reply is posted in one, to take up space.

Needless to say, MLK will become a nasty place to be if those are locked, because quite a few members love those topics, even if they will move onto the chatbox. So wait before locking them to see if that is actually necessary.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby MrTitans » September 8th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Well the way I see it people may not want others to see what they talk about and hide in there chat threads. I know anyone can pop in but many people do not read the topics anyway.

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby FlipMode » September 8th, 2012, 11:58 pm

[quote="Moka"]

I believe every member has a say in what happens at MLK, but in the end, I'm the one paying $60 every month for this website.[/quote]

I think people forget that too often, not to mention you built it lol
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 9th, 2012, 12:06 am

I like the chatbox at the Index page. It now makes it... active. I don't post much anymore in the Spam/chat threads, so, they can be removed.

Also what I wanned to add... IF you want private talks in groups, go create a free chabox like Chatzy and PM the people you want in it... That's all... Or better... Talk on MSN or Skype... 'nuff said =/
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Postby Biomac » September 9th, 2012, 12:20 am

[quote="Moka"]What sections are being deleted? I don't understand what you're complaining about. I'm honestly sick of people complaining about censorship. This forum needs censorship in the very same way we need moderators to remove posts that are offensive. If we don't, I get sued. I don't like getting sued.

Almost everything everywhere goes through a censorship, even in the great, free United States of America. All of our television and radio content goes through the FCC before it can come to our eyes and ears. The FCC is an agency that was set up by our Congress. This was not an act of dictatorship. Those countries weren't "officially" dictatorships. *giggles* But I know what you mean.

I believe every member has a say in what happens at MLK, but in the end, I'm the one paying $60 every month for this website.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, but you've confused censorship and moderate here. And I would like to say that nobody has forced you to create this forum and so to pay 60$ per month sorry

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moderate?s=b
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/censor

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby FlipMode » September 9th, 2012, 12:25 am

^Nobody is forcing you to be an ungrateful loon either.
The point he was making was the one that the site needs censorship not countries. its the same reason he told me off earlier for talking about inappropriate things, if he didn't he could have gotten into bother from over sensitive people.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tora » September 9th, 2012, 12:34 am

Biomac please calm down. This is not the way to handle the problem. I understand your frustration, but do not create arguments. What is being done he is doing to the best of his knowledge. I see his concerns along with other members. Let us find a peaceable solution, and not one of anger. If you want to talk further on the matter please PM me about it. We need not start unnecessary arguments.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Biomac » September 9th, 2012, 12:52 am

LOL :lol: . I'm perfectly calm guys don't worry. And I'm not a loon sorry, even if I think that there's a time when we have to question ourselves about if what we're doing and if the decisions we take are fair.
As Socrates said: "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Moka » September 9th, 2012, 4:08 am

The staff spent hours last night talking about this. We've questioned it time and time again and we may have lost a staff member because of how heated the argument got.

So please don't belittle this decision by making obscure quotes from dead philosophers. Nevertheless, your transferred wisdom is appreciated.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements