[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Groups! — My Lion King Forum

Groups!

Groups!

Postby Moka » January 12th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Groups!

Postby KingKivuli » January 12th, 2012, 1:15 pm

There is nothing really I can beyond don't just pick your friends to run a group. Firstly unless they are good at what the group specifies it will not work an secondly us staff members will notice and give it a hefty kick up the backside :P

The only group that wont be nominated for will be the media one, which will be led by myself but ill talk more on that in my own time. So... yeah thats about the cookies and cream of it
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Tabby » January 12th, 2012, 1:20 pm

No more x for the y colour? =(, loljk

It sounds ok, and needed since there're a lot of members inactives/not belongs to their groups, so yeah.. sounds reasonable. ^^

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Libre » January 12th, 2012, 1:50 pm

I think that's a good idea, it'll probably also help to have a better community. =)
And I'll also start working on the wiki again like I did last summer so I can stay in the group.
Libre
colourful

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 12th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I was an AMV maker a while ago, and I still have AMV's on my youtube account, but I stopped making them since my laptops system requirements aren't that big for a nice video editor, I've turned to making just speed-paints and other stuff. So, I don't mind if the AMV group is taken off or not, I barely see someone making them, lol.

Anyway, I really like this idea, it's really nice =)
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » January 12th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Good idea, Groups need to become more active. People were sometimes just in a group because if the namecolor. Please keep the namecolors because it is a good way of identifying people. Anyways, it's good that you clean it up and start it all over again.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » January 12th, 2012, 5:17 pm

WHAT THE HECK, MOKA I AM SO DISPLEASED TO HEAR THIS WASTE OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT I WASTED PRECIOUS BANDWIDTH TO VIEW THAT TEXT ETC ETC also my name is now on the front page of the site in the announcement, so ha! =P

But no honestly, I am fine with this, it is relevant to my interests. It actually sounds quite a lot like what I had in mind to be totally honest, at least parts of it.
I do not see how this is going to promote groups activity though, if I am understanding this correctly all that happens is I will be kicked out of the Fan Fic group and then will have to send someone an application to join it again? o.0

I will add something that I think could promote activity, in addition to what you just announced, and here it is -

I think personally, you should have this. And then in addition, have a groups forum, wherein members of the fan fic group for example, can talk in private etc (so you would have to be a member of that group to view the forum for that group) but the public forums would still remain of course.
In addition to that, members could be able to start their own groups, if they have "X" amount of people interested in joining, and can decide on a group leader.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 12th, 2012, 5:51 pm

[quote="Moka"]6. ???
7. Profit![/quote]

Holy f*** Moka uses a meme. Image

But in all seriousness, I think this method will work well. I was originally worried about giving group leaders the power to kick people out, but with the 4-month rule and the voting, etc I think it should be alright. Expect drama, however, because it is bound to arise when you least expect it as with every implementation of stuff like this.

All in all I like it :)

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby AdAstrα » January 12th, 2012, 8:17 pm

This sounds great!
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Jiirani » January 12th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Sounds great to me, good plan! I'm not as active as I once was so I doubt I'll get into any of the groups x3

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Next

Return to News & Announcements