Switching Hosts

Switching Hosts

Postby Moka » February 10th, 2012, 4:46 am

Tonight I plan on moving MLK to a new host. I've been setting up and configuring a server in Texas for it. I had to start from scratch because I want to use some new technologies that use less memory. Less memory = less money per month. Another plus is that the server will be faster. I hope to see noticeable changes in the speed and performance.

The bad news? This will break EVERYTHING.

The website will go offline sometime tonight. By that time I will have made a copy of MLK and put it on the new server. After a little while, some members will start to see the board as online, and some won't. This is the phenomenon of DNS propagation. If you see the board online, feel free to login and start posting as if nothing happened. If you see it as offline, you may have to wait up to 24 hours.

As I start "adjusting" MLK to its new home, things will be broken around the site. I honestly don't know how big of a project this will be, but I'll stay up all night if need be. :P

Right then, here we go! *starts making the copy*
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Switching Hosts

Postby Ultra Fox » February 10th, 2012, 4:49 am

Huh... well...

Ok.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Noah » February 10th, 2012, 4:51 am

Everything's bigger in Texas. lol
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby KingKovu44 » February 10th, 2012, 4:51 am

How will I be able to find the new site?
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Tabby » February 10th, 2012, 4:52 am

it's ok... a sacrifice =(

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby WildSimba » February 10th, 2012, 4:53 am

[quote="KingKovu44"]How will I be able to find the new site?[/quote]

It's still gonna be the same site lol.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Noah » February 10th, 2012, 4:54 am

[quote="KingKovu44"]How will I be able to find the new site?[/quote]
Same site. Same URL. Same MLK.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Moka » February 10th, 2012, 4:54 am

o.o

Everyone will still be able to access the site normally through mylionking.com

Nothing will change besides the site possibly going down temporarily tonight.
Moka

Postby Ultra Fox » February 10th, 2012, 4:54 am

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="KingKovu44"]How will I be able to find the new site?[/quote]

It's still gonna be the same site lol.[/quote]
Yes, the only difference is that now everyone will have to type with a southern accent.

lol jk
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Moka » February 10th, 2012, 4:56 am

I should mention that this all depends on the speed of the domain transfer. I might not even be able to get to it tonight if it takes too long. Sometimes it's quick, other times it takes ages. The site will remain online until I know for sure how long it's gonna take.
Moka

Next

Return to News & Announcements