MLK's Writing Contest #3!

MLK's Writing Contest #3!

Postby DGFone » January 23rd, 2012, 8:49 am

Yes, that's right, you read correctly! The MLK writing contest is back!

Write a short story on one of these prompts:

Somehow, Mufasa survives the stampede.
Kiara taking her place in the Circle of Life
Simba with the great kings of the past

The winner will receive their very own MLK writing contest winner banner made by me, unless someone will volunteer to make them (give me a shot at making them, please). But not only that, but they will also get the honor of being able to add their own fourth prompt in the next writing contest!

Deadline for submitting is February 5. I can add some time if needed, but try and meet the deadline. Please PM me your submissions so that the others will not know who wrote which story.

Word length: Please limit the word length to around 2000 words. You may go a bit over, but remember that people will read your story, as well all the others, so it will only be respectful to keep the length tasteful. Shorter stories are also welcome.

Rules: As you may have noticed, the prompts are rather vague. This is specifically done to give you the writers more freedom in creativity. Regular writing rules apply: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously.
You may resubmit a story, but only if it's done before the deadline. If you resubmit, please PM me with it as though it were a first submission, but tell me that you are resubmitting, and give the file-name some sort of marker to show that it's not a first submission. (Example: storyV2.txt) You may post questions or comments in this topic.

Good luck, have fun, and stay sharp!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK's Writing Contest #3!

Postby Regulus » January 23rd, 2012, 1:01 pm

This looks great. I'm glad you're deciding to do this. :D
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » January 23rd, 2012, 1:17 pm

Yay awesome news! Should be able to get some time to write it up before then, and already have a rough idea for a plot.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Pocahontas » January 23rd, 2012, 8:54 pm

Great news for this board! I'll try and reach the deadline. :3
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby WindAnnWise » January 23rd, 2012, 9:20 pm

Sure, I'll do it! The Mufasa one sounds like it has the best plot idea.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby YFWE » January 23rd, 2012, 10:38 pm

Woooow, these be super vague prompts! This could be a tough one.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » January 23rd, 2012, 10:39 pm

[quote="YFWE"]Woooow, these be super vague prompts! This could be a tough one.[/quote]

All the more freedom for the writer, no? :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby YFWE » January 23rd, 2012, 10:49 pm

Potentially, but some also prefer to have more succinct, straightforward prompts. So what may be free for some might actually be more constricting for others!
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » January 29th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Remember, 1 more week to submit your entries! PM me your stories, because I only have one submission in right now.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » February 4th, 2012, 4:13 am

Remember, guys: Submitting for this contest end this Sunday! PM me if you need an extension, but so far, there is no need for delays.

Get those submissions in if you want to be in the contest!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to News & Announcements