Let's be nice about MLP

Re: Let's be nice about MLP

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:36 pm

[quote="MheetusMate"]Dude, I really hate arguing and debating but I'm tempted to post for some reason :P

Please, stop blaming it on the haters and admit some of you are taking stuff too far. Being the leader of the Anti-Thread, I know someone is going to call me out. Of course, I meant it sarcastically at first as a funny little war like I had with another user a long time ago. And I've never posted anything excessively hateful in that thread, that's for Tumblr XD

You can change your names if you want and I and many others wouldn't care. I changed my name about 5 times. I have no right to complain about naming.

And the reason people don't get upset when non-TLK memes/other stuff is posted is because it isn't CONSTANTLY being posted all over the Interwebz. :P[/quote]

I did admit that. Perhaps a more thorough read-through of my previous post would be beneficial here:

[quote="StormySeethe"]...and users who like MLP need to stop poking "fun" at those who do not.[/quote]

Both sides need to cool down a lot. A ban of ponies is unnecessary. A crackdown on agitators, however, may well be.

As for leaving the site, if you don't like it here, maybe leaving is best rather than trying to change it more to your own liking.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Pocahontas » November 10th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Oh my..Pony problems here too? D: How could anyone don't love Fluttershy?

I agree, we should all be nice. :)
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2011, 10:37 pm

[quote="Regulus"] I don't give half a flip [/quote]

Ohai thar.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Misiziri » November 10th, 2011, 10:38 pm

[quote="StormySeethe"][quote="MheetusMate"]Dude, I really hate arguing and debating but I'm tempted to post for some reason :P

Please, stop blaming it on the haters and admit some of you are taking stuff too far. Being the leader of the Anti-Thread, I know someone is going to call me out. Of course, I meant it sarcastically at first as a funny little war like I had with another user a long time ago. And I've never posted anything excessively hateful in that thread, that's for Tumblr XD

You can change your names if you want and I and many others wouldn't care. I changed my name about 5 times. I have no right to complain about naming.

And the reason people don't get upset when non-TLK memes/other stuff is posted is because it isn't CONSTANTLY being posted all over the Interwebz. :P[/quote]

I did admit that. Perhaps a more thorough read-through of my previous post would be beneficial here:[/quote]

I wasn't directing that at you alone, m'dear xD You seem to be a more sane fan.

[quote="StormySeethe"]...and users who like MLP need to stop poking "fun" at those who do not.[/quote]

Both sides need to cool down a lot. A ban of ponies is unnecessary. A crackdown on agitators, however, may well be.

As for leaving the site, if you don't like it here, maybe leaving is best rather than trying to change it more to your own liking.

I thought you said alligators rofl

Or negotiate, not simply change the entire face of the site :3
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby WildSimba » November 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

[quote="MheetusMate"]Dude, I really hate arguing and debating but I'm tempted to post for some reason :P

Well yeah, but at the same time, just because they're posting images, don't give you a valid reason to hate someone over it. I haven't really seen the macros in any of the TLK forums, and in general most people don't even use the TLK sections of the site anyways. I've tried to help this many of times, but just in general, even if the name is MLK, it's more-so a general forum now.

Also, yes people are 100% allowed to express what they want in their profiles, as long as they're not being hateful or directing it towards anyone. I can say that yeah, people do go a bit overboard sometimes when it comes to these ponies, but it's not the only off topic interest on this site that I've seen get out of hand.

So as I, and a few others have said before, just both sides need to stop. Fans, keep to your own threads, and The Den, and haters just need to learn the classic quote "If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." Don't let this get to the point where I have to intervene, because I really don't want to, but if I have to I will.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Or not change anything at all, and we all just tolerate peacefully what everyone likes and doesn't like. If everyone did that we wouldn't have a problem right now.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby TheIvanMuse » November 10th, 2011, 10:41 pm

We're all calm,there is no heated arguing here.
While people here express their love for other shows as well,hence my signature, it is not done in nearly that much quantity nor quality as it's presented by MLP lovers. So no one is hating on other stuff because it's not being shoved at them, there are no macros of any of the shows you just said.
People can change their names,but there is too much name changing going on right now and I speak for the rest of the staff when I say that it's just causing too much confusion (in general name changing). Sorry,but you're at the wrong,trouble arises when you're posting way too much of MLP,like you already are, so the only reaction is to not be satisfied with it,as this is a TLK forum.

You suggestion only limits one side and is therefore biased and flawed. Pony related things can be posted in the off topic forum,anywhere else is just off topic from the forum they're in.

The only real solution to this problem would be to forbid posting macros completely and to lock the anti-MLP threads. This way,both sides get knocked a notch down and it's calming the situation. What are everyone's opinions on this?

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Woeler » November 10th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Is it really that difficult? This is a TLK forum and not an mlp forum. There is one mlp thread in the den so please keep it there. People come to this forum because of the lion king and not because of mlp. If you want mlp then move to an mlp forum. I really think that people would be really annoyed if a lot of people on mlp forums started talking about tlk and using usernames and siggies about tlk.

I really don't see why there is an argument here. Keep your mlp stuff where it belongs: in the topic in the den! If that happens nobody will have problems anymore.
Last edited by Woeler on November 10th, 2011, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Misiziri » November 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Ivan: No, just hand out strikes or warnings to those who take it too far. You can lock my topic if you feel it is out of hand, but basically I've just posted some Teen Titans macros and chatted about random things lol. Anyways, fans are fans, they should still get to express their opinion and we should get to express ours.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm

[quote="StormySeethe"]

As for leaving the site, if you don't like it here, maybe leaving is best rather than trying to change it more to your own liking.[/quote]

Says the person who just got back on after being banned, and you are suggesting it may be best for me to leave? I am not trying to "change it to my liking" I don't have a problem with the ponies stuff, I am merely suggesting that part of the hate stems from people constantly banging on about it. I know it does for me at least, I just don't flame people over it.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements