Let's be nice about MLP

Let's be nice about MLP

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 4:41 am

I understand that some drama is beginning to arise over heated discussions pertaining to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I just wanna point out that this is beginning to get out of hand and if we don't stop it now it will end up like the Jonas Brother's fiasco that went on here a couple of years ago. The moderators will get annoyed and they will eventually be forced to take action.

MLP haters, let's be nice, eh?

MLP lovers, let's also be nice, eh? I don't think we want to force the staff into banning MLP from the forum. We don't want that and I don't think they want to do it either.

I understand one person is already leaving because MLP haters and lovers aren't getting along as well as maybe we should be. So let's try to tone it down a few notches before it gets out of hand, alright? :/

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Re: Let's be nice about MLP

Postby Ultra Fox » November 10th, 2011, 4:45 am

Yep.

Calm down MLP haters. It's a TV SHOW. Hating someone and calling them bad names over a tv show is not right, so cut it out.

When we all get along, MLK is a great place. But if we don't, it can also be a place full of hate and there's an absence of fun. So let's get along, 'kay? :)

Let people like what they like. Let people hate what they hate.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby WildSimba » November 10th, 2011, 4:51 am

Thank you, this thread has been needed to be made for a while now. For now on, I'll just make it official, and say, I WILL start handing out warnings to people who are rude to eachother, or are hating on eachother for something they like or dislike. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated. This forum can potentially be really fun without a bunch of hate everywhere.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Ultra Fox » November 10th, 2011, 4:54 am

But...

DON'T HATE, people. :(

It makes it harder for everyone. Often even the person doing the hating and name calling.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 4:55 am

And as WS pointed out on MSN, this doesn't only apply to the MLP debates, it applies to all topics on the forum. It's gonna turn into a hellhole if people are hating on each other all the time.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Ultra Fox » November 10th, 2011, 5:00 am

Oh, good. This is in the "News & Announcements"!

Why? Because I suppose that some people don't know of the concept of being nice in some situations.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby QueenRalexia » November 10th, 2011, 5:37 am

I think this is a great thread Snowy everyone is entitled to like what they want just as long as we all like The Lion King :P
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 5:38 am

[quote="QueenRalexia"]I think this is a great thread Snowy everyone is entitled to like what they want just as long as we all like The Lion King :P[/quote]

Oh you :P

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby NightmareMoon » November 10th, 2011, 9:03 am

Look. MLP is definitely a great show. TLK is definitely a great movie. This is a place we can come to combine the two ~ so why fight about it?
Sure, the site might be called mylionking. But, it is a place for fans. And fans.... will be fans. Regardless about what.
We have all come here initially because of the lion king. There is nothing wrong with becoming fans of other things as well.

Long story short (tl;dr) Don't hate on people because of what they like. Respect everyone.
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Okay so I heard there was some drama on this subject earlier, I did not see it, nor was I aware of it and still quite frankly do not care enough to look, but here is my issue with the fans of the show.

I do not have a problem with people who like it, my only gripe is how stupid the fanbase are about it. Like okay you like a show, but do you have to constantly bring it up in every thread, change your names over it etc...? Can it not be enough to just say "I like the show" and maybe have one dedicated thread in which to discuss it with other fans, so that people (like me) who do not like it then do not have to see and hear it everywhere we go?

Not trying to cause dramatics here or anything, personally I could not care less about it, I mean I don't like it and while I have been in discussion about it with fans on here and IRL about what we do / do not like about it, not once have I flamed anyone or the show (at least not intentionally)

But on that same note, you really do not have a clue how annoying it is seeing it everywhere on here. Especially considering I come on here for TLK or to tak about other things with fans of the films and instead all the interest has focused onto MLP.

Reminds me quite a lot of the BF3 VS MW3 flame wars that go on... If the fans did not constantly express their love and fanboyism, the haters would have nothing to be annoyed over in the first place, in fact I dare say it is a minor form of unintentional trolling.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Next

Return to News & Announcements