BaltoWiki Grand Opening

BaltoWiki Grand Opening

Postby Moka » May 9th, 2009, 2:33 am

Attention all Balto fans! I know you've been waiting a very long time for me to do something with the Balto section of this site. I am extremely proud to announce that BaltoWiki is having its Official Grand Opening! Now, I know you all have questions, and I'll be doing my best to answer them all … but here are some questions I will answer before anyone asks:

What is BaltoWiki?
BaltoWiki is a brand spankin' new website for Balto fans. It is located on the MLK network (hosted in the same location), and yours truly will be the administrator. You can read more about it here.

What is a Wiki?
A wiki is a website (usually run by a software called MediaWiki) in which anyone can edit. In BaltoWiki's case, you must have an account in order to edit. The success of wikis is usually much higher because the administrator doesn't have to do all the work :P The only thing a wiki needs is a willing community.

I'm Interested. How do I get Started?
You can get started by registering a new account on BaltoWiki (Yes, sorry. You have to make a new account. I wasn't able to link this forum with BaltoWiki). If you've never edited a wiki before I would suggest reading BaltoWiki's Help resources. From there you should be able to participate :]

I Have to Learn New Formatting...Don't I...
Yep, but it's really easy to learn. Just click here to learn how to use wiki formatting.

What's Going to Happen to the Balto Network Forums on MLKF?
I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with these forums. Obviously, forums have a variety of functions that wikis do not (role play, fan art, organized discussions), but I am trying to bring the attention of Balto fans from My Lion King to BaltoWiki.

Wah, I wanted Screengrabs
BaltoWiki has a featured picture archive with plenty of screengrabs. I add a new one every week. Perhaps eventually there will be pages within BaltoWiki that organize the screengrabs that I have uploaded. Feel free to upload your own as well. :)

i r nawt type gud
That's OK. The other members will hopefully correct any errors in grammar or spelling that they see. (Wikis sometimes have "grammar hawks" that don't add content, but only correct people's mistakes xD). Type away!

I Want a TLK Wiki!
Unfortunately some people have beaten me to it. There are 2 TLK wikis on Wikia. I checked to see if any Balto wikis were on that site, but no one has started one. Oh, and the TLKFAA has a TLK wiki as well but not many people know about that.

--

I just have to give credit to some people that have been helping to make content before BaltoWiki's release. First and definitely most deserved goes to Katili, who has been contributing to the site every day since April 8. Thank you very much for getting us started, Katili! Give him a big pat on the back by visiting his user talk page. Second, thank you Amanda for your help with the Arctic Wolf page :) And thanks to the other members that have registered at BaltoWiki. You helped Google identify it sooner :P

Enjoy the latest addition to the Balto Fandom! Hopefully it will become a neutral place to just hang out and share information. In my opinion wikis have the best code out there. MediaWiki surpasses anything in the free CMS world. Ok I'm rambling. I'm just bragging at how awesome it is. Hope you all enjoy it too :D
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: BaltoWiki Grand Opening

Postby Panda-chan » May 9th, 2009, 3:01 am

Yay great job Moka! I'll try to visit BaltoWiki as often as I visit MLK. Hopefully it'll get just as popular. And thanks. :P
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby NalaLionQueen » May 9th, 2009, 9:24 am

Awesome Site ;) Me Will Visit It Like I Visits MLK :D
Tnx For Queenofthepridelands For The Siggys
Tank You Soo Much
http://agnese1234567.deviantart.com
NalaLionQueen

Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » May 9th, 2009, 10:21 am

hurray :D Thanks for the effort you put into this! <3
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Moka » May 9th, 2009, 11:36 am

You're very welcome, guys! :D
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Zeke » May 9th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Awesome job Moka. Great job with the wiki
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby serra20 » May 9th, 2009, 7:09 pm

OMG!It's opened!FInally!!Yay!!
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Return to News & Announcements