The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2015, 2:09 am

[quote="Elton John"]I mean, what is as good as the lion king? Expecting tlg to be as good is just asking for dissapointment.[/quote]

I agree 100%

[quote="Elton John"]That doesn't mean tlg can't be entertaining. Or *gasp* be a worthy sequel story to the first two films.[/quote]
I'm hoping for the latter, but I will settle for the former.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » April 26th, 2015, 7:19 am

Okay, so this has been brewing in my mind for a while but here it goes.

Reasons to be excited for the lion guard

-it's a canon continuation of the lion kings story. We haven't had something like that in 17 years.
-the animation itself is actually good, kions anatomy and design (outside of that lion tattoo) screams 'yeah, it's the lion king' and the logo itself is very classy.
-at least from what i hear, disney tv animation is on an upswing. I've heard nothing but positive things about gravity falls. Same with star wars rebels. The recent marvel cartoons had a rocky start but from what i have heard, have drastically improved. Even disney jr shows like sofia the first aren't bad at all. The new micky mouse shorts are great.

Reasons to be cautious

-it's disney jr. This is the thing that can make or break the show. In most press releases i have seen they say the show will be aimed at young kids and their families. The fact that they are also aiming towards multiple age groups has me think 'maybe this will be good after all'
-it's going to be like the avengers? It seems like most people here are split on liking the marvel stuff. I think it's a good idea not to retread the three movies and timon and pumbaa show. A hero team of african animals set in the lion king universe sounds interesting to me.

Reasons to hate it

-if you're a kopa fan.
-if you never were a lion king fan in the first place. Then I would wonder why you are on this site at all.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2015, 7:59 am

I can vouch for how good Star Wars: Rebels is and I love The Marvel Cartoons so those are very good reasons.

I think some people are taking The "Lion King Meets The Avengers" comment a bit to seriously. Like you said it is just that The Lion Guard is a hero team of animals.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby it means no worries » April 26th, 2015, 9:25 am

I think that part of why they say it might appeal to older viewers is because of the nostalgia for the people who saw TLK 1
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » April 26th, 2015, 9:32 am

[quote="it means no worries"]I think that part of why they say it might appeal to older viewers is because of the nostalgia for the people who saw TLK 1[/quote]

I hope it's more than that.

I will admit that the main reason why I want to watch the show is because the first movie was a big part of my childhood, and then how it holds up extremely well as an adult and that I want to see more of my favorite characters.

Kinda like how people are excited for the new star wars is because han, luke, leia, and chewbacca are returning and being played by their original actors.

While star wars 7 is a day 1 watch if possible, i'm honestly more excited for the lion guard because tlk is more important to me than star wars.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby it means no worries » April 26th, 2015, 9:33 am

^agreed :)
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Marizzle » April 27th, 2015, 12:27 am

[quote="Elton John"]I hope it's more than that.

I will admit that the main reason why I want to watch the show is because the first movie was a big part of my childhood, and then how it holds up extremely well as an adult and that I want to see more of my favorite characters.

Kinda like how people are excited for the new star wars is because han, luke, leia, and chewbacca are returning and being played by their original actors.

While star wars 7 is a day 1 watch if possible, i'm honestly more excited for the lion guard because tlk is more important to me than star wars.[/quote]
This says everything.
---
About the intro subject, that was mentioned a few posts ago...in a way, I really hope TLG has one, but, in the other way around, I don't want one and, honestly, I'm "scared" of what will come out of there.

I mean, a part of why TLK's soundtrack got so much love was due to its African rhythms, something that had never been heard with such intensity in an animated film. If the show's intro doesn't "live up" (basically being, at least, as good) to the soundtrack of the movie and has a completely different type of music, then it would be quite "Un-TLK". :/
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Elton John » April 27th, 2015, 12:37 am

Yeah, another reason to be cautious.

The soundtrack needs to be good.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 27th, 2015, 12:42 am

Agreed, and it bothers me that they say that Kion is going none traditional. and I keep having a up down back and forth roller coaster feeling about it all, its going to be bad, cheesy, or its going to be ok, not looking forward to it, actually I am excited actually now im not, ugh when will the next update be. I wake up feeling thoughtful sometimes. I will be devastated its if not what I expect. Im just so worry and scared for it all. I just REALLY don't want it to go bad, I want it to be good for all our sakes :( I mean how do I get through this feeling, patience, and worrying about it wont make things any better unless I try hard to make it all positive as possible.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » April 27th, 2015, 12:50 am

[quote="Elton John"]Kinda like how people are excited for the new star wars is because han, luke, leia, and chewbacca are returning and being played by their original actors[/quote]
First of all, I keep hearing people complain about them returning. Second of all, I'm looking forward to it because it's Star Wars, not because of the characters. Just like I'm looking forward to TLG because it is TLK. The characters aren't the only reason.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements