The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby SimbasGuard » September 14th, 2014, 10:37 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]of course they are going to make a Kion Plushis, you can count on that[/quote]
I kind of thought so. 8-)

[quote="it means no worries"]im as eager for this as the next fan and i want this to go well and have a new generation of lion king, but i just cant help this feeling in the back of my mind saying that it will be aimed at per-schoolers and will be disappointing for any older audiences[/quote]

Disney did say that The Lion Guard is intended for 2-7 year old children and their families. I think it is safe to assume that Disney knows that older Lion King fans will be interested in this series. That gives me cause to believe that while I am decidedly not part of the target demographic, the show should not be unbearable for me to watch. As long as I know going in that the show is intended for a very young audience, and not to expect story content on the same level as The Lion King Movies. I shouldn't suffer any crushing disappointment.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby le0 » September 20th, 2014, 2:12 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="gothprincesskiara"]of course they are going to make a Kion Plushis, you can count on that[/quote]
I kind of thought so. 8-)

[quote="it means no worries"]im as eager for this as the next fan and i want this to go well and have a new generation of lion king, but i just cant help this feeling in the back of my mind saying that it will be aimed at per-schoolers and will be disappointing for any older audiences[/quote]

Disney did say that The Lion Guard is intended for 2-7 year old children and their families. I think it is safe to assume that Disney knows that older Lion King fans will be interested in this series. That gives me cause to believe that while I am decidedly not part of the target demographic, the show should not be unbearable for me to watch. As long as I know going in that the show is intended for a very young audience, and not to expect story content on the same level as The Lion King Movies. I shouldn't suffer any crushing disappointment.[/quote]

I mean, in the end of the day the original Lion King movies were made for young kids anyway, so it might not be that bad
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 20th, 2014, 5:11 pm

the worst would be if they made ot like Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » September 22nd, 2014, 2:28 am

I wonder if Simba will be overprotective of Kion like he was of Kiara.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Pride Points: 3

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 22nd, 2014, 12:59 pm

I doubt it, what I really wonder is if they will show Kions birth ceremony presentation as tradition, I hope they do

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby goody2shoes » September 22nd, 2014, 10:13 pm

i can't wait for lion guard i don't care if the voices are different i will still like it no matter what i really love the lion king a lot of shows and movies people change there voices so i am use to it i hope lion guard stays on tv for ever i don't know why timon and pumbaa don't stay on tv
goody2shoes

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby SimbasGuard » September 22nd, 2014, 10:32 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I doubt it, what I really wonder is if they will show Kions birth ceremony presentation as tradition, I hope they do[/quote]

I am very curious to that as well.

[quote="goody2shoes"]i don't know why timon and pumbaa don't stay on tv[/quote]

I have no way of knowing this for certain, but It seemed to me than from the late 80's through the 90's that Disney only did two seasons of shows. If my thinking is correct, I don't know why Disney did that. However Timon and Pumbaa did come back for a 3rd season in 1998 after a year on hiatus.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Timon the great » September 24th, 2014, 1:24 am

[quote="le0"]I mean, in the end of the day the original Lion King movies were made for young kids anyway, so it might not be that bad[/quote]
That's only partly true about the films. Even Disney labels them as actually family films like SimbasGuard made a mention of. So that means that they're intended to be watched by people of all ages.

Quite frankly, there's a lot of things on the films that a five year old would not understand about them. Such as the reasoning behind Mufasa's death, Simba and Nala's argument, Timon's internal conflict with his colony at beginning of his film, the challenges Simba faces when he attempts to reclaim Pride Rock from Scar - The list goes on here.

Society's all too common stereotypical assumption that animated films is only kids stuff is overrated. And a lot of it is because of the image that the visuals give off, which in this case would cause many people to see it as "cartoony" and therefore, only for kids, in my experience on and off the Internet.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby goody2shoes » September 24th, 2014, 5:05 pm

[quote="goody2shoes"]i don't know why timon and pumbaa don't stay on tv[/quote]

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I have no way of knowing this for certain, but It seemed to me than from the late 80's through the 90's that Disney only did two seasons of shows. If my thinking is correct, I don't know why Disney did that. However Timon and Pumbaa did come back for a 3rd season in 1998 after a year on hiatus.[/quote]

the first lion king came out 1994 timon and pumbaa came out 1995 lion king 2 simbas pride came out 1998 and lion king 1 1/2 came out 2004 but really i would like them to bng it back on even if it is only reruns that they do disney junoir showed it for a while but took it off about the same year they brot it on and we did not have the channle when timon and pumbaa was on so i did not get to watch it on that channle maybe they will bring timon and pumbaa back on when they bring lion guard on i can't wait for lion guard
goody2shoes

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 25th, 2014, 2:21 am

Watching Timon and Pumbaa would help with the painful wait of the TLG

gothprincesskiara

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements