The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby SimbasGuard » July 26th, 2014, 4:17 am

[quote="Zazus Mate"] Has anyone heard of Greg Ellis, the actor? If Rowan A. or Micheal G. don't come back to do the voice of Zazu, Greg could pass for Zazu.[/quote]
I hadn't heard of him, so I checked IMDB. Ironically he is listed as the voice of a character called Mzingo in The Lion Guard. Please keep in mind that IMDB will post seemingly anything, so don't take anything IMDB says about an upcoming project as being set in stone.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0254862/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I am not trying to crush you're hope, but since Edward Hibbert was the last actor Disney used to voice Zazu. I think he would be the first person Disney would call to voice Zazu.

Here is what IMDB says about The Lion Guard. Once again I remind everyone that just because IMDB says it does not make it a fact...Although I do hope they are right about this, but I won't allow my hopes to get up until I hear something from a more reliable source.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3793630/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 14th, 2014, 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 26th, 2014, 5:38 am

[quote="Zazus Mate"] Has anyone heard of Greg Ellis, the actor? If Rowan A. or Micheal G. don't come back to do the voice of Zazu, Greg could pass for Zazu.[/quote]

It says Micheal Gough will voice Zazu on IMDb. (and its says its announced)
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 26th, 2014, 3:15 pm

[quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"][quote="Zazus Mate"] Has anyone heard of Greg Ellis, the actor? If Rowan A. or Micheal G. don't come back to do the voice of Zazu, Greg could pass for Zazu.[/quote]

It says Micheal Gough will voice Zazu on IMDb. (and its says its announced)[/quote]
I know that everything on IMDb isn't correct, but that makes me happy that Micheal Gough might voice Zazu. He actually did a decent job at Zazu.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » July 27th, 2014, 4:02 am

I'm the most worried about how they'll portray Kiara.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 27th, 2014, 5:03 am

[quote="KiarasBiggestFan"]I'm the most worried about how they'll portray Kiara.[/quote]
and Im worried not only about that but if they will even portray Kovu at all :cry:
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Postby SimbasGuard » July 27th, 2014, 7:51 am

[quote="KiarasBiggestFan"]I'm the most worried about how they'll portray Kiara.[/quote]

It will be a new role for Kiara now that she is a big sister. I'm sure she will have a great relationship with Kion and do her best to help and advise Kion when he needs her. Kion will probably adore Kiara and always have an ear for what she says.

[quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"]Im worried not only about that but if they will even portray Kovu at all :cry:[/quote]

Just because Kovu isn't mentioned as being in the series, it does not mean that he will never make an appearance or at least be mentioned. Being that he is such an important character I can't see him being ignored. From a production standpoint I think Jason Marsden would be one of the actors most likely to be willing to reprise his role. for that reason alone Kovu would be one of the best guest stars to have on the show.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 27th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I guess that's a reasonable concern. After all, I am concerned how they'll portray Zazu. I hope they don't paint him as an obnoxious, old bird.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 27th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Well I wonder, are they showing Kiara as a teenager/adult or a cub. It would logically have to be set after SP because they didn't even mention Kion in SP.
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Postby SimbasGuard » July 27th, 2014, 11:04 pm

[quote="Zazus Mate"]I am concerned how they'll portray Zazu. I hope they don't paint him as an obnoxious, old bird.[/quote]

I can't see them portraying Zazu or any other character for that matter any differently than what has already been established. I know that by the time Lion Guard premiers it will have been 17 years since Lion King 2, but I'm sure that for the denizens of The Pride Lands nothing more that a year will have passed at the most.

[quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"]Well I wonder, are they showing Kiara as a teenager/adult or a cub. It would logically have to be set after SP because they didn't even mention Kion in SP.[/quote]

From what little information has been released I am convinced that Lion Guard will take place after Lion King 2. They did after all state that Kiara is Kion's older sister, if Kiara and Kion were litter mates that term wouldn't really apply and as you said showing Kiara as a teen would interfere with Lion King 2. If they intended to disavow Lion King 2 wouldn't they toss out Kiara as well?

SimbasGuard

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 31st, 2014, 4:22 am

I actually can't wait for this show now, I just really need to see more canon material for the LK universe.
S1mb4 D4 L10n

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements