My theory about Riley`s heritage [Inside Out]

My theory about Riley`s heritage [Inside Out]

Postby PrincessKiara » July 25th, 2016, 10:02 pm

We all love to make up theories about Disney movies and characters. Below is my theory about Riley`s heritage! Hope you enjoy it!
Here are the facts: Riley`s last name is ANDERSEN. This surname is highly common in both Denmark and Norway.
Her family lived in the state of Minnesota and the city of Minneapolis before they moved to San Fransisco in California. (Minneapolis can be seen as the destination on the bus ticket when Riley is running away). Between the 1860s and 1930s there was a particularly high emigration rate from Scandinavia (Sweden, Denmark, Norway) to North America, and Minnesota was one of the states where most Scandinavian people chose to settle. Today, the percentage of the population of Minnesota that has Norwegian ancestry is higher than those with a Danish heritage, meaning it`s slightly more likely that the Andersen family came from Norway rather than Denmark.
We can assume that the Andersen family has been living in Minnesota for generations after their ancestors first settled there. And assuming that Riley`s mother took her husbands surname upon marrying him, the Scandinavian heritage comes from Riley`s fathers side of the family. No official family history for Riley and her parents have been released by Pixar however, so this is all speculation. If we also assume that Riley`s mother`s family first settled in Minnesota upon coming to USA, it`s likely that they first came from Germany, as Minnesota has a high percentage of people with German heritage. (The various information was obtained online, and may be slightly inaccurate). In any case, the Andersen name points to either Norway or Denmark, so Riley is of Scandinavian descent, yay!
I also posted about this on my Princess Kiara Facebook page, but it didn`t generate any responses, lol.

So what do you think? What kind of theories do you have about Riley Andersen and her family?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Den