New episode 'Lions of the outlands'?

Re: New episode 'Lions of the outlands'?

Postby Rollo » October 15th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Not that I'm not happy to see Jasiri is returning (it's great news!), but does this mean that when they say "lions" in the title of this episode, they're referring to the lions we already know about--i.e Simba and his family? So not the Outlander cubs?

Oh dear. Time to hide from the SP fans. :embarrassed:

Seems like this'll be the case. Purely from a story standpoint I would find it particularly peculiar if they had Jasiri returning, which is already a big deal in itself to many fans, on top of the Outlander cubs, which is undoubtedly a way bigger deal. Seems like a clash of characters to me.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » October 15th, 2016, 8:32 pm

I assume that by the title 'lions of the outlands' they aren't referring to prideland lions. I mean, why would kion and his guard fight against his family?

My best guess is that there's going to be a clash between nuka/vitani/kovu and janja's crew while jasiri is caught in the middle, enlisting the help of the guard to stop whatever is happening.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » October 15th, 2016, 8:43 pm

That is a good guess and I hope it is the case for the sake of the fandom! But it just seems so puzzling to me that Jasiri would make a return in this episode when we're getting introduced to a bunch of new characters too. Also, why wouldn't the plot synopsis hint to this, even just by mentioning another pride of lions? Why is Jasiri chosen as the main focus? :/ Again, not that I don't like that but surely the creators know that the Outlander cubs are a way bigger deal to the majority of the fandom.

I think someone mentioned before that this could be some kind of prologue to the Outlander cub episode. That's actually starting to make sense too.

I'd cry with laughter if this episode suddenly introduced a bunch of new Outlander lions that have nothing to do with the TLK 2 cast, which is why they're not hinting at them. Like, just a totally new Pride. Must be the most frustrating thing in the world if you genuinely like the Outlanders...
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionIsGay » October 15th, 2016, 9:00 pm

[quote="Rollo"]Also, why wouldn't the plot synopsis hint to this, even just by mentioning another pride of lions? Why is Jasiri chosen as the main focus? :/[/quote]
Maybe to make it a surprise for the people who haven't been anticipating this for the past year?
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » October 15th, 2016, 9:33 pm

I think it's because they don't want to reveal too much about the episode a month before it previews.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » October 15th, 2016, 9:49 pm

I guess so.
Rollo

Postby Ninclow » October 17th, 2016, 12:19 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]I assume that by the title 'lions of the outlands' they aren't referring to prideland lions. I mean, why would kion and his guard fight against his family?

My best guess is that there's going to be a clash between nuka/vitani/kovu and janja's crew while jasiri is caught in the middle, enlisting the help of the guard to stop whatever is happening.[/quote]

Nuka would be almost as big as TLG Simba, so don't see how Janja & crew would be a threat to him lest they're like six on one. Though I have a much easier time Nuka tricking Kovu into insulting Janja and gleefully watch from a distance while they chase after him, only intervening when he worriedly realize that if Kovu's hurt, Zira's gonna kill him. :p
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » October 17th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Nuka is rather scrawny and I doubt he's a good fighter.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » October 17th, 2016, 3:23 pm

i hope they release a preview or trailer soon! this is that one episode we all live towards i think! i even wrote in in my agenda
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Rollo » October 17th, 2016, 4:30 pm

I think we'll get a preview before the end of the month. Maybe they are aware of the hype for this episode and that's why they decided to focus on Jasiri in that synopsis as opposed to Kovu etc. I'm just looking for clarification that this is actually 'thee' episode, because so far I'm not entirely convinced it is.

Although, I suppose that means that in this new retelling of the second movie, Jasiri is involved to a pretty big extent. If she's the one to discover the Outlanders, so to speak, then surely she ends up having a bigger role in their story. As will Janja's clan. Look at the parallels. They're both living in the Outlands with not enough food or water for reasons they blame Simba on, even though it's their own fault. Scar has the aid of the original hyena trio, Zira could end up with the aid of Janja's clan... interesting. Actually a lot more interesting than the second movie's plotline, if that's the case.

But...I doubt they'll go THAT far. Unless TLG is absolutely determined to change every aspect of the second movie.
Rollo

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard