New episode 'Baboons!'

New episode 'Baboons!'

Postby Elton John » September 23rd, 2016, 2:12 pm

Will not get to watch it until it hits itunes tomorrow morning.

It's apparently a fuli centric episode and thankfully the advertising wasn't afraid of letting people know that.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: New episode 'Baboons!'

Postby Sarger » September 23rd, 2016, 2:28 pm

Fuli still hasn't got an episode to herself.
Sarger
wew lad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ay lads

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 24th, 2016, 10:12 am

Just watched it, I liked it.

The fuli half was fun and the other half was a nice little subversion of what could have been a groan-worthy damsel in distress situation for tiifu, zuri and kiara. Kiara does seem to take her royal duties seriously, and is pretty good at thinking of plans.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aelwen » September 24th, 2016, 1:47 pm

[quote]Kiara does seem to take her royal duties seriously, and is pretty good at thinking of plans.[/quote]
Yes but those duties looked stupid. What is the point of attending some stupid ceremony of muddy buffaloes?
Considering that she is learining how kill these buffaloes at the same time.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nilla » September 24th, 2016, 7:43 pm

I kinda agree with you^
I have no idea what royal duties should be, as nature has a way of working itself out without intervention... According to the lion guard the royal duties that the royal family takes care of are attending ceremonies. Reminds me of the song Duties of the King with simba and zazu where they sing about his duties and it's stuff like blessing animals when they sneeze, lmao. Maybe it's lucky that that royal family really isn't that important because Simba became king with no training or experience. All he had to do was kick the hyenas out and end the drought to bring the pridelands back to it's former glory (and I bet ending the droubt was "I can control the weather" Mufasa's doing)

And once again Tiffu and Zuri were sexist stereotypes. I'm bitter about that.

Not my favorite episode overall but parts of it were cute!
Nilla

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » September 24th, 2016, 7:58 pm

I dunno I like how the king or ruling queen of the pridelands does more as a ruler than just fighting off hyenas every now and then.

Like them interacting with the animals of the pridelands, and showing they aren't just there to be eaten.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 24th, 2016, 8:42 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I dunno I like how the king or ruling queen of the pridelands does more as a ruler than just fighting off hyenas every now and then.

Like them interacting with the animals of the pridelands, and showing they aren't just there to be eaten.[/quote]

ok this actually does make sense to me and I guess I can work with that as well, and get used to it
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Aelwen » September 24th, 2016, 9:59 pm

[quote]According to the lion guard the royal duties that the royal family takes care of are attending ceremonies. [/quote]
It seems to me that the creators just copied real royal duties of european monarchies, forgetting that in TLK the King is an an absolute monarch. It was shown better in SP when Kovu was exiled.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nilla » September 24th, 2016, 10:19 pm

I like them interacting with the other animals too. Idk though, something just seems off to me, like there's really no need for a king in the first place. But I'm nitpicking, I don't have any ideas of what a better way to represent royalty in the Lion Guard would be, and if all the animals were like "Wait, we don't actually need a ruler", then the Lion King universe would be completely invalidated. I guess this is something I can learn to accept.

Aelwen, why do you say the king is an absolute monarch? They are still exiling animals from the pridelands in TLG so that hasn't really changed. I really don't know anything about different forms of government, is that clear? haha
Nilla

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » September 24th, 2016, 10:34 pm

I just assume that tlk monarchs have a lot of power, like exiling, and do other duties as well so that the pridelands are more a community of animals rather than a more cynical outlook where the lions only rule because they need food.

The lions are the rulers because, I assume, they are the ones who are most effective at fighting and keeping out those who would randomly slaughter others with little respect to the circle of life.

There are bigger and stronger animals but the hippos seem more laid back, the elephants seem to be peaceful., and the rhinos don't seem to care unless they are attacked themselves.

The other animals stay because with kings like mufasa and simba there is stability and their chances of survival are higher than if they weren't there. They left under scars rule, likely because scar did a horrible job at keeping stability in the pridelands.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Lion Guard