Okapi

Okapi

Postby Troll Berserker » August 19th, 2016, 4:11 pm

So animals in Pridelands are unfamillar with Okapis. Ajabu lives in jungle along with Makucha.
But Simba's Pride shows several okapis living in the Pridelands:
http://www.animationsource.org/sites_co ... /82243.jpg
http://www.animationsource.org/sites_co ... /82198.jpg

This time Lion Guard was more accurate, because okapis only live in the deep jungle, but I think to think that Ajabu created a familly who now live in the Pridelands :P
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Re: Okapi

Postby Elton John » August 19th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Maybe those okapi in sp came from the jungle? Don't know.

It's more likely that the tlg writers forgot about that part in sp. Can't blame them, I forgot about it too.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionScar » August 19th, 2016, 9:36 pm

Okapi are a relative of the Giraffe - Most giraffe tongues are blue/black. Anyways, as for Ajabu not having horns well... Okapi horns from a side-profile look much like "devil" horns... Where Giraffes have tufts of fur/hair on their horns.

KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Squeely » August 21st, 2016, 1:16 pm

My headcanon is okapi rarely visit/pass through the Pridelands. It was sheer coincidence that none of the Guard had ran into them.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby PrincessKiara » August 21st, 2016, 4:56 pm

I sifted through some pages of TLK screengrabs when checking to see if there were in fact any Okapis in the original movie - and I couldn`t find any, they`ve only appeared in SP and TLG. Seems like the writers of TLK did their homework more thoroughly. ;) Considering Okapis were in SP, I was surprised by the fact that none of the Guard had seen/met one before, but if they are in fact not native to (or very uncommon in) the area, it makes perfect sense.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » September 5th, 2016, 8:26 am

It does make sense, There were Okapi at Kiara's presentation, but at that time The Lion Guard would have been to young to have meet them. Also as Elton John and Squeely suggested, The Okapi in Simba's Pride may just have been visitors.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard