Why doesn`t Mufasa talk to Kiara?

Why doesn`t Mufasa talk to Kiara?

Postby PrincessKiara » August 1st, 2016, 6:40 pm

We all know about the epic scene in the original TLK movie where Mufasa appears as a ghost/spirit in the clouds and talks to his son, Simba.
In SP (Simba`s Pride) Mufasa is shown again as a spirit, looking down on his family and his granddaughter from above, clearly a proud grandfather. His voice can be heard at the very end, saying: "Well done, my son. We are one." (There has already been a discussion on the forum regarding whether Kiara should have been given credit or praise from Mufasa too, as she was a key player in bringing the two prides back together).
There was an idea early in production of SP that Mufasa would appear to Kiara in a dream and advise her to heal the rift between the Outlanders and the Pridelanders. On the special edition DVD of SP, you can see/hear James Earl Jones recording a line talking about how the Circle of Life has broken...

Now, in The Lion Guard, Mufasa has appeared several times and talked to his grandson Kion and given him advice when the cub has felt lost and alone. That`s nice and all, but I can`t help but feel that Kiara should have been given a chance to communicate with her grandfather too. What makes Kion so special? (The Roar of the Elders probably) but my point is that Kiara is Mufasas grandchild too, and neither her nor Kion ever knew Mufasa when he was alive, so neither had the chance to actually bond with him. Still Kion is the only one who gets to have a connection? Since the idea of Mufasa showing himself to Kiara in a dream in SP was dropped, couldn`t she be given the opportunity to see and talk to her grandfather in TLG, at least once?
Will Mufasa perhaps show himself to her when she`s having doubts about becoming queen?

What are your thoughts? Are you upset on Kiaras behalf?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Why doesn`t Mufasa talk to Kiara?

Postby Elton John » August 1st, 2016, 6:56 pm

Kiara isn't queen yet, and to be honest doesn't seem to need any mufasa-like advice.... Yet. Kion is protecting the pridelands from things that could easily make a meal out of him on a daily basis. He really needs the advice more.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PrincessKiara » August 1st, 2016, 8:38 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Kiara isn't queen yet, and to be honest doesn't seem to need any mufasa-like advice.... Yet. Kion is protecting the pridelands from things that could easily make a meal out of him on a daily basis. He really needs the advice more.[/quote]

I know Kiara hasn`t stepped into her role as queen yet and will not do so until she`s an adult. There was however an episode dedicated to Kiara acting as queen for a day while her parents were away. She was not crowned queen of course, but was given the power to rule in Simba`s place while he was away. That episode felt like a missed opportunity for Mufasa to step in with advice or wisdom, perhaps adressing both Kion and Kiara at once, reminding them of the importance to listen to each other, respect and help each other. Just a thought.

I understand that Kion has been given a big responsibility as leader of The Lion Guard, and that he has stepped into this important role at a much younger age than Kiara will step into her position as queen. I know Kion faces many threats and dangers and that Mufasas advice is a great help to him when he feels he`s not up to the task (or when Simba and Nalas advice isn`t enough). It`s a fair point that Kion is in a more pressing position than Kiara is currently, but it still bothers me that Kiara does not get to have a connection with or talk to Mufasa. Again, I realize Kion is the focus of The Lion Guard series, but I guess I hoped that since Kiara never got to talk to Mufasa in SP, she`d get a chance in this new series. I doubt it will happen, especially considering she`s only been in a few episodes so far, and, unlike Kion, she`s not currently facing so much trouble and emotional turmoil as her brother might from time to time.
PrincessKiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » August 1st, 2016, 10:26 pm

Perhaps he hates her for being a female and doesn't accept her as the future queen.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby moonsugar33 » August 2nd, 2016, 1:25 am

Mufasa appears to people when they're troubled, I feel. Kiara in TLG is still a cub with a vastly different personality to Kiara in Simba's Pride, (my headcanon is that that's because of some life-changing event involving Kion's disappearance) I don't think she has too much to worry about just yet. So while it'd be surprising and lovely for her to meet Mufasa, I don't think it's likely to happen.

Hopefully we might one day get a version of Simba's Pride released with the Mufasa scene added, similar to how The Morning Report was added to The Lion King. It's also possible he didn't appear to her because the situation would have resolved itself better on a journey of her own discovery with Kovu, no extra prodding needed. Maybe consolation, though. But they also probably didn't want to overdo it.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby zerodix » August 2nd, 2016, 10:15 am

its a father (grand)son thing and Kiara is not the main character of tlg
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby PrincessKiara » August 2nd, 2016, 5:33 pm

[quote="moonsugar33"]Mufasa appears to people when they're troubled, I feel. Kiara in TLG is still a cub with a vastly different personality to Kiara in Simba's Pride, (my headcanon is that that's because of some life-changing event involving Kion's disappearance) I don't think she has too much to worry about just yet. So while it'd be surprising and lovely for her to meet Mufasa, I don't think it's likely to happen.[/quote]

I know, good point.

[quote="moonsugar33"]Hopefully we might one day get a version of Simba's Pride released with the Mufasa scene added, similar to how The Morning Report was added to The Lion King. It's also possible he didn't appear to her because the situation would have resolved itself better on a journey of her own discovery with Kovu, no extra prodding needed. Maybe consolation, though. But they also probably didn't want to overdo it.[/quote]

I really hope this will happen, it would be great! :superexcited: As for Mufasa not talking to Kiara in SP, I think they replaced that idea with Mufasas silent communication with Rafiki and the whole Upendi stunt, in order to give Rafiki a larger role in the film. Aside from how cheesy and strange that scene/song is, I suppose it was a good call.

[quote="zerodix"]its a father (grand)son thing and Kiara is not the main character of tlg[/quote]

I know Kiara is not the main character of TLG, and that it makes sense for Mufasa to talk to Kion instead of her, considering he is the focus of the show. But what does gender have to do with it? If Kiara was male too, would Mufasa talk to her then? (I don`t mean to get snippy, I just feel bad that Kiara has no connection to Mufasa like Kion has been given). Kion has both of his parents to turn to for advice, and Simba is always available for Kion to talk to about whatever is bothering him. I think the writers of the show want to use Mufasa sparingly, and focus more on the relationship between Kion and the Guard and Kion and his parents, maybe Simba especially.
PrincessKiara

Postby SimbasGuard » August 12th, 2016, 8:16 am

I am definitely an advocate of Mufasa being used sparingly as well as accepting the *fan theory* that The Roar of the Elders grants Kion a more direct line to Mufasa than anyone else would have.

Now I don't want to give any false hope, but who knows what kind of emotional turmoil Kiara may be subjected to in the episode where Kovu shows up. If Mufasa were to appear to Kiara it would make sense for him to do so in that episode. He could even have a variation of the advice he was supposed to give in Lion King 2.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby PrincessKiara » August 12th, 2016, 11:23 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Now I don't want to give any false hope, but who knows what kind of emotional turmoil Kiara may be subjected to in the episode where Kovu shows up. If Mufasa were to appear to Kiara it would make sense for him to do so in that episode. He could even have a variation of the advice he was supposed to give in Lion King 2.[/quote]

You`re right, I do hope something like that actually happens. Either way, I can`t wait for that episode, it`s going to be amazing to see Cub Kiara and Kovu together again!
PrincessKiara

Postby Squeely » August 18th, 2016, 8:10 am

We don't have confirmation that Kiara will also be in the Outsider episode. It could just be the Guard meeting them. I would love to see Kiara reunite with Kovu too, don't get me wrong, I just advise against getting your hopes up too high when we don't really have much information as to how the episode will play out.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to The Lion Guard