Kovu in the Lion Guard

Re: Kovu in the Lion Guard

Postby Elton John » May 17th, 2016, 1:19 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I thought Marsden was NOT going to reprise his role as Kovu?

Well, Kovu is supposed to be a cub (or teenager, whatever) in TLG, I`m assuming, so Marsden seems like an illogical choice, unless he can make his voice sound very young despite his actual age.
I would have preferred if they hired a new, young voice actor for this role, but that aside, I am SO looking forward to seeing Kovu on TLG![/quote]

It was confirmed last december.

I think he's going to be slighty older looking than kiara, who is slightly older looking than she was as a cub in tlk2.

Jason Marsden will do a fine job, he has a decent amount of range as an actor.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » May 18th, 2016, 7:16 am

Jason Marsden also voiced Young Shere Khan in Jungle Cubs. If he uses his voice that way even if Kovu has not significantly aged I think it will work. Jason Marsden also does the voice of Prince Louie in this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfK3prQiVGw
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » May 18th, 2016, 1:26 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Jason Marsden also voiced Young Shere Khan in Jungle Cubs. If he uses his voice that way even if Kovu has not significantly aged I think it will work. Jason Marsden also does the voice of Prince Louie in this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfK3prQiVGw[/quote]
Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about that! Serious thanks for bringing that up, SG! A voice similar to Marsden's Shere Khan will be perfect for Kovu!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Ninclow » May 18th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Wow... Jason Marsden also voiced Peter Pan in Peter Pan and the Pirates... In that role, he sounds NOTHING like himself, at all. Impressive.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Alexterri1 » May 19th, 2016, 12:11 am

I think we should wait until we see it to judge it tbh
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby TTB-Kun » May 19th, 2016, 3:42 pm

talking about impressive voice actors, the Italian voice actor of adult Kovu, who will return in tlg, is also the official voice actor of Mickey Mouse XD
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » May 20th, 2016, 6:19 am

[quote="TTB-Kun"]talking about impressive voice actors, the Italian voice actor of adult Kovu, who will return in tlg, is also the official voice actor of Mickey Mouse XD[/quote]

That is Very Impressive 8-)

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kallo » May 30th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Could be that they changed things around and made Kovu an adult, while keeping Kiara a cub. Who knows. Will be very interesting to see how they pull Kovu and Vitani off, in any case. Wonder if they're gonna be villains?

In case they do decide to stick to the canon of the movies, and keep Kovu and Vitani cubs, it would certainly be interesting to see Nuka and Zira as well. That'd be awesome. Though, probably asking for too much.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » May 31st, 2016, 1:12 am

I don't think that they would go that rout, after all I have to think that they kept Kiara a cub for a reason. Jason Marsden and Lacy Chabert have no problem doing younger sounding voices. I think it would be a huge mistake for The Lion Guard to retcon Lion King 2 away, it has the potential to alienate fans. Nuka will be in this episode as well (voiced by Andy Dick). I personally think Zira will be a surprise reveal at the end of the episode.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard