Did the animation get better?

Did the animation get better?

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » May 1st, 2016, 3:35 am

I'm not gonna lie, the animation in the past few clips i've seen so far (didn't get to see the episode since kisscartoon didn't upload it surprisingly) seems a LOT better.

...a LOT, better.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Re: Did the animation get better?

Postby Tora » May 1st, 2016, 3:38 am

To me it seems like the animation has changed a bit. I'm not sure if it really has or not, but I can definitely say that the animation along with the content has seemingly gotten better. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2016, 7:49 am

The fluidity of the animation does seem to have improved, plus there seems to be a lot more dynamic angles in the last few episodes.... Making it look somewhat more cinematic.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » May 1st, 2016, 9:16 am

It seems to be steadily improving.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby TTB-Kun » May 1st, 2016, 9:20 am

i'll say no, especially simba's. In bunga and the king a lot of Simba animation are horrible at best. When he saves Kiara... That fall... D:
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » May 1st, 2016, 10:34 am

Simbas animation is horrid, and the facial expressions of Nala made me cringe. But the music is good.. I don't think it will improve further.. it is computer animated, and that is a sad thing but at least we have nice lion king new footage, so just gonna enjoy what we get offered! Kions facial expressions are very good, but the mouths of Kiara, Simba and Nala are very limited in movement, and the teeth.. what's with them? like they all have giant teeth?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2016, 11:00 am

The animation is fine for what it is, a tv series. I never expected the show to look as good as a feature movie or even a dtv movie. There aren't many tv toons that have genuinely good animation anymore. Maybe mlp fim, but that's about it.

Even the simpsons animation has started to go down the crapper once it went digital.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 1st, 2016, 5:52 pm

[quote="zerodix"]Simbas animation is horrid, and the facial expressions of Nala made me cringe. But the music is good.. I don't think it will improve further.. it is computer animated, and that is a sad thing but at least we have nice lion king new footage, so just gonna enjoy what we get offered! Kions facial expressions are very good, but the mouths of Kiara, Simba and Nala are very limited in movement, and the teeth.. what's with them? like they all have giant teeth?[/quote]

took the words right out of my mouth, yes and I agree with all of you, its still so hard to get used to this style, still makes me upset from day one, and Its still an eye sore of how beaffy and buffy they make there legs look, still waaaaaaay to muscular looking, and omgod yes the teeth, what the heck was up with that, and simbas mane makes him look like a juvenile, and still the paws are just-,.....ok I better stop.....more like dont get me started
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2016, 5:54 pm

Why is everyone using 'animation' and 'art style' as if they are interchangable when they aren't?

The animation is just fine, it looks as fluid as a low budget tv affair will probably get. The character designs do need a lot of work however. I will agree with that.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Daktari » May 1st, 2016, 6:53 pm

http://lord-sagoth.deviantart.com/art/F ... -606244270

Omg this is hilarious. Someone on Deviantart compared the different falling scenes in TLK, SP and TLG. Actually makes me kind of sad. Look at the TLG version in the bottom :(
Anything is possible, if you are determined to do it. Image
Daktari

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion Guard