Did the animation get better?

Re: Did the animation get better?

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » May 1st, 2016, 9:56 pm

It's not all that bad, in my opinion. I will guess that the resources are limited, and so is the time. :)

I actually somewhat like the new Simba. He reminds me of the way he used to be when he was a cub.
Amadi_the_Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Carl » May 1st, 2016, 10:45 pm

I don't think the animation is bad. I haven't watched the latest few episodes, but the last ones I saw were a bit more fluid than the opening movie.

Like EJ, I think some of you guys should stop referring to the style as the animation. The style is... less impressive than the animation, for sure, but they're doing pretty good for what this is, and honestly I don't understand why so many people seem to have expected TLK or even SP quality art and animation. It's been twenty years, and it's on Disney Junior... it could be a LOT worse.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » May 1st, 2016, 10:57 pm

A low-budget ongoing show (meaning way more hours of animation than a movie) has a far simpler style and less-smooth, less-realistic animation?

0/10.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 2nd, 2016, 4:20 am

[quote="Squeely"]A low-budget ongoing show (meaning way more hours of animation than a movie) has a far simpler style and less-smooth, less-realistic animation?

0/10.[/quote]

Gosh I keep forgetting this and I know better, when it comes to TV shows, it will be less quality compared to the real movies, but still if this is computer animation shouldn't that make it easier to draw them and make them LOOK BETTER? all I wish for is a more detailed behind the scenes, I have soooo many questions for the animators.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Kallo » May 2nd, 2016, 4:34 am

The facial expressions have usually been very well animated. The movement of the characters varies, but it's good most of the time. The animation in the action scenes looks pretty horrible most of the time. We could see a lot of improvement as the show goes on. The animation in MLP:FiM has improved incredibly between every season. Looks like they're trying out new things and and shots in Lion Guard recently, so there's hope they're planning to improve the overall animation as they go.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Gaze » May 7th, 2016, 1:17 am

hmm, I really don't think the animation is bad, for the most part. I was incredibly impressed w/ it when the teaser first came out....it's pretty nice and smooth. the only thing that bugs me is some of the walk and run cycles that just look super weird (and yeah, Simba's fall in the last episode could have been a lot better executed, lmao).

surprised to see complaints abt Nala and Simba's designs, though. part of the reason why I love when they show up in episodes is just because I LOVE the way they look. they're so fun to look at and I think the teeth are super cute. )~:
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Squeely » May 7th, 2016, 2:08 am

The chibi-ish style makes Simba look really strange imo, though it's clear they're working on making him look better. Nala looks fine.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Elton John » May 7th, 2016, 2:32 am

oh just forget it....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » May 7th, 2016, 2:38 am

I didn't say chibi, I said chibi-ish. It's pretty clear to me it's not trying to be chibi or anything, it just reminds me of it with the characters having slightly bigger heads and eyes than their movie counterparts.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Gaze » May 7th, 2016, 9:27 am

[quote="Elton John"]oh just forget it....[/quote]
what is this in reference to... :?
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard