Episode 14: Bunga and the King.

Episode 14: Bunga and the King.

Postby Elton John » April 30th, 2016, 8:50 am

This episode was pretty good.

Nala and Kiara got a good amount of screentime in spite of the focus on simba and bunga. And bunga is slowly getting more and more tolerable. Not a great or even good character yet but not one that is always annoying. Just mostly annoying with moments of being likeable.

I also thought that tlg's version of hakuna matata was decent, and I loved all the callbacks to tlk1. Simba climbing up the rocks and falling was very mufasa-esque. Proof enough that the fall didn't kill mufasa but the wildebeast stampede did instead.

I'd give this ep an 8/10
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Episode 14: Bunga and the King.

Postby zerodix » April 30th, 2016, 9:29 am

:( it sadly did not appear on kisscartoon. i would love to see it, anyone a link?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Daktari » April 30th, 2016, 10:27 am

A streaming link would be great. I usually manage to find one the day after the episode has been aired in USA, but not this time... I need to stream since they only show the Swedish dubbed version in Sweden, and I like the English version better. They are also far behind in the episodes here.
Anything is possible, if you are determined to do it. Image
Daktari

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » April 30th, 2016, 11:09 am

I don't know of any streaming links. I bought the season pass off itunes.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Daktari » April 30th, 2016, 12:04 pm

How much was it?
Anything is possible, if you are determined to do it. Image
Daktari

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » April 30th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Uhhh, 30 dollars plus tax I think?
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » May 1st, 2016, 12:25 am

The episode can be watched for Free Here http://www.toonova.com/the-lion-guard However if The Website tells you to download anything DO NOT, It is likely spyware. Also an ad blocker might be useful.

I thought this was a awesome episode, I loved how Simba (and later Fuli) saved Kiara. Simba trying to get along with Bunga was very enjoyable. Timon and Pumbaa were hilarious. and I loved the rendition of Hakuna Matata.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » May 1st, 2016, 1:50 am

I managed to get watchdisneyjunior working, so I watched it there :P

This was a very enjoyable episode, I like that Nala and Kiara got a good share of the spotlight. This is something I can see Timon and Pumbaa crying over, unlike their awkward, over-the-top crying in SP. It felt a lot more genuine and appropriate. It was heartwarming to see T&P care so much for their "sons", and the end of the episode, with the whole family singing together, was heartwarming too. I also liked that everyone is aware of how annoying and overbearing Bunga can be, it seems like they are echoing fan complaints. And this is coming from someone who likes Bunga.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Vorkey » May 1st, 2016, 3:30 am

Great episode. It's nice seeing some of the other characters for a change.

I especially like that fact that Kion didn't use his superpowers to save the day. I'm not even sure why they bothered giving him superpowers in the first place. The show works fine without that stuff.
Vorkey

Pride Points: 0

Postby TTB-Kun » May 1st, 2016, 9:23 am

the episode was great, but Simba's animation, oh god why? D:
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Next

Return to The Lion Guard