82%
no
18%

Total votes : 22

Re: Is it good ?

Postby TheLionPrince » April 26th, 2016, 2:36 pm

[quote="Biomac"][quote="Squeely"]It's far from empty in my opinion.[/quote]
That's not what I was saying instead it looks like it's not.[/quote]

Well, I'm curious. What were you implying to say? That The Lion Guard is a cash-grab television series or maybe just filler?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Biomac » April 26th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Of course everything that a company releases is meant to make money with. But sometimes we can clearly see that some products are clearly only made to make money out of it and disrespectful (e.g. Dragon Ball Evolution). I mean I don't mind paying for something as long as it's well made and interesting.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby KopsTheTerminator » May 3rd, 2016, 8:50 pm

Personally I wouldn't recommend it if you're not willing to watch a preschool show. I watched the pilot and the entire concept as well as execution were just bad to me, like it spit all over the original film. It's not something I'd ever take as canon if I ever watched more of it, in any case. :/

If you don't mind the Avengers-esque concept and magic into the Lion King universe you might like it, but that sort of thing just doesn't have any appeal to me. :/

Also Bunga. Bunga is dreadful. Petition to write him out of the show. :headache:
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » May 3rd, 2016, 9:01 pm

Most people agree that the regular episodes are on average better than 'return of the roar'.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » May 3rd, 2016, 9:13 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Most people agree that the regular episodes are on average better than 'return of the roar'.[/quote]

Meh, I might give it another go at some point. What's the best episode so far?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » May 3rd, 2016, 9:15 pm

[quote="Kops"]
Meh, I might give it another go at some point. What's the best episode so far?[/quote]
I'd say "Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots"
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Rachel-Lioness » May 3rd, 2016, 10:28 pm

Yes! In my opinion I thought this show is quite good. I LOVE it! :D
Signature made by Simbasmate. ;)
Rachel-Lioness
The Storm chasing queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa!

Pride Points: 7

Postby Vorkey » May 6th, 2016, 3:01 pm

It's a kids show. The episodes are formulaic, there's not much depth, the dialogue can be cheesy and the animation is low budget. Basically, if you expect something on the same level as TLK or even TLK 2 you're going to be disappointed. That being said, if you're willing to treat this as it's own show and not take it very seriously, it can be entertaining.
Vorkey

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard