My idea for a second tv movie.

My idea for a second tv movie.

Postby Elton John » March 29th, 2016, 1:43 pm

I think by the time the third or fourth season rolls up it might be time for another 'big' episode. By this time kovu will have made at least one episode, and I don't think they'll show kion as a cub forever.

As other people have mentioned, the show will need something to explain why kion was missing from the second half of tlk2 assuming they ever go to that point. They might not.

I'd say that the season 2/3 season finale should be kion and his guard going on a mission outside of the pridelands. It's a secret mission, so secret that we don't know what it is. Only Kiara and the guard know what it is. It is never explicitely mentioned.

The second tv movie should start a few years after the s2 ending. It shows kovu and kiara happily married with two cubs of their own. One as the future ruler of the pridelands and another as the next leader of the guard.

Kion and his guard return as adults, and there's a big joyous reunion. The thing should be a big setup for the next few seasons where there's a new lion guard, led by kiaras second born. Kion would be like a mentor towards the cub.

This might be a bit too risky and would piss off a lot of fans but simba and nala wouldn't survive this tv movie. Simba would get into a fight with janja and his clan but not survive it. I would also give nala the story arc she has deserved but never got since tlk1. It would be about her dealing with simbas death and her own eventual death.

The ending wouldn't be completely depressing, but I haven't thought of a good ending yet.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: My idea for a second tv movie.

Postby zerodix » March 29th, 2016, 2:07 pm

this is a nice idea! i can draw some scenes if you like me to do that! i have to work in 1 hr but later tonight i can
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Kallo » March 30th, 2016, 4:47 pm

I think their plan might be to do (or at least it would be cool if they did) one of the "TV-movies" for each season's opener. MLP always has a two-part season premiere, so maybe a TV-Movie is something The Lion Guard will/should do in its place. It's basically just two episodes combined, anyway. And since the rest of the season has 24 episodes, the movie works as the remaining two of a regular 26 episode season.

Don't really think it was a real TV-Movie anyway. Aren't TV-Movies supposed to just be regular movies that go straight to TV? Weird how they called it that. It will be interesting to see if they trust the franchise enough to, at any point, make a real straight-to-TV or straight-to-DVD movie.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby TheLionPrince » March 30th, 2016, 10:56 pm

I think this topic is better recommended for the Fan Fiction section of the forum. I respect your idea for a television movie finale of some sorts, but there's little to discuss here concerning the series.

Personally, I would love to see the writers close the series with an explanation of the absence of Kion and the Lion Guard during the second half of Simba's Pride. However, I cannot be too sure that they will. And I am somewhat doubtful if the show will ever feature Kion as an adult since the target audience is pre-schoolers.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 1:10 pm

I always thought Beau Black's "It Is Time" would make for a great teenage/adult Kion song that would lend itself well to a Kion-leaving-the-Pridelands song. And I mean, it would get mileage out of a song that's already been recorded and produced. It is, however, something I could only see them doing as a finale to the series as a whole. I'm doubtful they would do such a thing, then turn around next season and be like "here's a new guard". But if they made a sequel series starring Kovu and Kiara's cubs, something like a year or so after the finale of TLG, I could definitely get behind that. Call it something like Nameofcub's Guard.

As for Simba dying and Nala grieving and being close to death, I doubt they'd go that far on a show for preschoolers. I even doubt it would happen if they made a more mature show for Disney XD. I mean, Simba's the most recognizable character from the TLK franchise. I don't think Disney has ever killed off their icons. I'm also unsure if Simba and Nala would be that old, even by the time Kovu and Kiara finally had cubs. They didn't seem that old at the end of SP.

That said, I do really like your ideas. Just don't think it's what Disney would do.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to The Lion Guard