episode 10: call of the Drongo

episode 10: call of the Drongo

Postby zerodix » March 24th, 2016, 1:13 pm

tomorrow the new episode will air: preview available on the tlg facebook page! looks like serval will appear too! and some other new species as well!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: episode 10: call of the Drongo

Postby SimbaPrescott » March 24th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Youtube preview vid:

I'm looking forward to this ep. I really love Tamaa's design.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Troll Berserker » March 24th, 2016, 8:19 pm

I only wonder why Pumbaa and these warthogs don't look alike at all? xD
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 25th, 2016, 5:48 pm

From now on I'll be making my reviews with first seeing the full new episode then re-watching it again to pause it and give my review at the same time, so here we go...

Ok it kinda bothers me that the gang didnt think why would GoyGoy, Makuu, and Janja, all be joining together just to say those things to trick the animals, im really, But once again I realize its for the little views to figure this one out, hence the plot of the episode.
yeah yeah we know Bunga is obnoxious yeah we no, get over it, I dont think we need to keep saying this,he is who he is, moving on.
Till the Pride Lands end Lion Guard defend! Till the Pride Lands end Lion Guard defend! Till the Pride Lands end Lion Guard defend!, :notagain: ok we said that its great that Kion roar and Mufasa's appearance doesn't happen every episode but now this Till the Pride Lands end Lion Guard defend! is really starting to get old, why do they have to keep saying every time they go into action, its SO not necessary, I would think kids would get annoyed at this too.
I did some research on the Drongo, and its says they are insectivores, so why did Tamah eat greens and roots, really hoping that it happens in the wild, But they mimic other birds and animals as an alarm call which in this case towards the end of the episode makes sense, at first he was just taking advantage of his mimicry call to get at others food easier, and this is good and a educational lesson for a plot.
And during the song, what the heck is up with the correct look for the warthog, ok those warthogs I like way better then Pumbaa, thank you Disney for making the warthog look right for once.
Now im getting bothered by the mix between how dumb and how sometimes smart the hyena gang can be, I mean whats up with that?
:D OK THE BEST PART, did you see something very familiar? :mhm: I think we all know what it is? and this really excited me AND it proves one of our questioning hypothesis's, the Gorge is connected to the Outlands! Anyone who thought this, we were right all along, this is awesome!, I hope they have more scenes like this, cause I loved this one being so familiar. this is like something they did totally right! AND it could mean the Junja and his gang worked with the other trio hyenas too, how else would they know of that spot? but it also didnt look exactly like it in TLG1 but close enough. SO COOL. thank you Disney! :D
At first I thought I didnt like this episode but after seeing the gorge again, I approve this episode.Well done.

:huh8: Now for next weeks episode? Im not liking what im seeing, Rafiki? painting the future? this is not a good idea, he cant predict the future, he is just a shaman!, BAD IDEA! Im really worried about this, VERY worried, I dont like what im seeing. can we PLEASE talk about this! :hackingcough:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » March 26th, 2016, 8:57 am

i just watched the episode. the drongo was smaller then i thought he would be. very cute. i a dissapoint that the real goigoi didnt show up. the warthogs in the song were like epic war versions of pumbaa :lol: and hooray for serval again!
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Elton John » March 26th, 2016, 10:51 am

Song was 'okay' but the rest of the episode was good and fun. No mufasa, super rawr and bunga is actually becoming kinda tolerable.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » March 26th, 2016, 1:22 pm

bunga is not-so on the front anymore, i like that too! i also love the fact that new characters are still introduced every episode. and all so cute! those eyes!! even the drongo was sweet! i hope to see more of tiifu and zuri soon. miss those shallow brats ^^
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Kallo » March 26th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Enjoyed this episode. I think out of the ten that've aired right now, I'd place this one at #4 or #5. Just a solid, good episode. Though, once again, felt the song was unnecessary and just mediocre. I feel it's best that a cartoon which is already limited to 20 minutes, doesn't do 2-3 minute songs about something they could explain in a ten second sentence (or don't need to explain at all. I think Tamaa's skill was fairly obvious with just showing it). That time could've been used for a bit more action towards the end. Also, I agree about the "Lion Guard Defend" line. I don't think it's too bad. Doesn't ruin anything for me, but I could live without it. It's something I would've cringed at even as a kid. Especially in this episode they said it way too much. I hope they realise to turn it more into a joke or a running gag in the future.

Btw, am I the only one who hasn't found Bunga unbearable at any point? I mean, I don't personally like his type of characters that much, but I don't see a reason to downright hate him. I feel he's just the very typical joke-character of the main group that we see so often in children's cartoons. Maybe even a bit more toned-down than the usual ones.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 27th, 2016, 1:33 am

I really liked this episode and loved the Drongo's design and one of my favorite parts was when the Drongo mimicked all of the Lion Guard's voices. I guess them saying "Till the Pridelands end, Lion Guard defends!" doesn't really bother me that much. Bunga has become more tolerable because he's not so much in the forefront and is more on the sidelines. I don't think it's that unbelievable to believe three predators could attack different animals at once. The Lion Guard might have thought they teamed up to take out multiple animals at once :yikes: I also noticed the gorge and did you notice how the stampede of the gazelles looked a lot like the wildebeast stampede! :kionsmile: I nearly bounced up and down going "It's like in the Lion King with the stampede!" :lol: Okay, sorry fangirl moment there. I liked the Drongo itself, I actually didn't know about that animal. I liked seeing how he mimicked several cries of animals including the serval.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 27th, 2016, 4:37 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"] I also noticed the gorge and did you notice how the stampede of the gazelles looked a lot like the wildebeast stampede! :kionsmile: I nearly bounced up and down going "It's like in the Lion King with the stampede!" :lol: Okay, sorry fangirl moment there. [/quote]

EXACTLY! :D BEST SCENE EVER!, I give this episode 9.8/10 :nukasupergrin:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Next

Return to The Lion Guard