Episode 9 - Follow that Hippo!

Re: Episode 9 - Follow that Hippo!

Postby Nilla » March 22nd, 2016, 3:31 am

^I didn't like songs in movies/shows when I was little either! Ironic, since the lion king, a musical, is my favorite movie. I always got bored during songs and was like "get on with it already!" I cared far more about the plot.
As an adult, though, I've come to appreciate them. (I probably wouldn't have even liked the lion guard if I was the age of their target audience again, tbh)
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Vorkey » March 25th, 2016, 3:50 pm

[quote="Kallo"]
Loved some of the faces in this episode. Also, the zebra saying "It's true. Deal with it" was quite funny. :P[/quote]

That Zebra's becoming one of my favourite characters.
Vorkey

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Gaze » March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm

this was a good episode, I just don't have much to say about it! haha

great to see Beshte in the spotlight. he's absolutely adorable and I love him. the lil kid animals playing Lion Guard was so cute. the zebra definitely wins the award for cutest.
LOL @ whoever gets picked last gets to be Bunga. that's exactly the kind of humor I've been craving....taking Bunga down a notch!!

it was so nice how Beshte was supportive of his biggest fan without ever getting annoyed w/ him. Kion giving the 'marks of the guard' was precious too.

my one complaint......the Guard never seems to get to have fun! I honestly felt disappointed when Kion decided they should go train instead of playing with the little kids, lol. tbh Kion's shift from carefree, laidback kid to serious, morals-obsessed leader seems a bit too abrupt to me. it'd be cool to see him having a little trouble with all the responsibility, or getting to PLAY now and again....idk, I think Return of the Roar was just too short to provide enough time for Kion's personality development to seem completely natural.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 27th, 2016, 1:50 am

I have to admit Beshte has grown on me quiet a bit. He's a very humble Hippo and I like that about him. He honestly seems very surprised and flattered to have Mtoto look up to him so much. I also loved the humor against Bunga. Bunga "Who gets to play me?" Then they respond "Oh, whoever is picked last!" :onowink: Bunga seemed to be in shock which I found funny. I think they need to design the obstacle course with more Beshte like obstacles. I like that he encouraged Mtoto to believe in himself and follow his dreams. I also noticed Mtoto in Bunga the Wise fanning Bunga and he was also in the funeral scene in "Can't Wait to be Queen."

Poor Kion does seem overwhelmed by all the kids wanting the mark of the Lion Guard at the end. :beshte:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby SimbasGuard » March 28th, 2016, 8:25 pm

[quote="Sadiki"]my one complaint......the Guard never seems to get to have fun! I honestly felt disappointed when Kion decided they should go train instead of playing with the little kids, lol. tbh Kion's shift from carefree, laidback kid to serious, morals-obsessed leader seems a bit too abrupt to me. it'd be cool to see him having a little trouble with all the responsibility, or getting to PLAY now and again....idk, I think Return of the Roar was just too short to provide enough time for Kion's personality development to seem completely natural.[/quote]

While I have no problem with Kion stepping up to his new responsibility in a big way and in a short time. The fact that The Lion Guard no longer seems to play is a cause of concern for me. I know that when Simba accused him of playing with his friends when he first chose The Lion Guard, it hurt him. I just hope it didn't scare Kion away from playing completely.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 11:26 am

A super-adorable episode! I really love how cute everything in this show is. Hope to see more shots fired at Bunga, too. I actually really like Bunga, but man if it isn't funny when he's taken down a peg :lol:

All in all, episode was great and gave Beshte some much-needed love.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 18th, 2016, 1:13 pm

I liked better in this episode, some of those other episodes they make him look like he has that forgetting condition or something, quit bothersome really whats the point in letting him forget stuff anyway, any idea?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard