Episode 9 - Follow that Hippo!

Re: Episode 9 - Follow that Hippo!

Postby Nilla » March 20th, 2016, 5:24 am

I loved this episode! I'm glad beshte got time in the spotlight, he's one of my favorites. and the little kids were too cute. (I'm really excited for the upcoming mtoto plush now!)
I liked the bit when the guard were doing exercises to train, they should probably add some that are more suited to beshte's strengths instead of expecting him to try to sneak up on Kion, LOL.
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » March 20th, 2016, 9:25 am

i finally got to watch it with sound! it was a very cute episode! if you look at previous episodes you see mtoto more times. in the song my own way he is with his elephant family, with another baby elephant.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Nilla » March 20th, 2016, 2:40 pm

I've noticed him a few times too. It was so cute when he was fanning bunga in bunga the wise<3
Nilla

Pride Points: 8

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2016, 9:03 pm

[quote="Kallo"]Only problem I have with it is that we really don't need a new song every episode.[/quote]

The Producers want a song for every episode because they feel it gives the target audince a chance to refocus. I however get your point, although I enjoy the songs...most of the time.

This was a good episode for Beshte and I really liked how humbled he was by the fact that Mtoto looked up to him the way he did. I also go a kick out of Kion giving Mtoto the mark of the guard. I thought it was a nice slightly veiled reference the that fact that the mark of The Lion Guard was originally a Paw Print.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Rollo » March 20th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 21st, 2016, 2:23 am

alot of kitty shows have songs in there every episode like Sofia the First, MLP
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » March 21st, 2016, 8:43 am

kitty shows? :lol: it was funny to see that mud pawprint. in early fanart some very talented artist drew kion that pawprinted himself with mud.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Kallo » March 21st, 2016, 8:23 pm

[quote]alot of kitty shows have songs in there every episode like Sofia the First, MLP[/quote]

MLP doesn't actually have songs in too many episodes. It does have some musical episodes that have many songs, but overall songs don't happen that often. Season 5 had most songs with 16, and only 7 episodes out of 26 had a song. Which means The Lion Guard has already had songs in more episodes.

And it's not that I think the songs in TLG are bad, I think they're alright, some even rather good. I just think songs should be saved for special occasions. Just like I feel they should save the Roar and Mufasa's appearances only for rare, special moments (like, a max of 3-4 times per season). Otherwise they'll start to feel overused and will grow old really fast. This season of TLG will have 24 episodes. I think if they had a song in, say, 6 episodes, that would have been plenty enough. But maybe it's just me who feels that way.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Rollo » March 21st, 2016, 8:45 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kallo » March 21st, 2016, 11:58 pm

Eh, maybe it's the fact that I've never been a big fan of songs in movies/shows in the first place, unless they're really, REALLY good. So I guess that's what your opinions about the songs comes down to. Can't remember me or my friends being very much into songs in animated movies even when we were young. As said, I've no particular problem with the songs, I just feel like having one every single episode is a bit overkill. Maybe some pre-schoolers like them, but I know I would've found it overkill even back then.

I like the show, and I'm not into nitpicking kids' cartoons to pieces like some people. Just when there's a few little things that I know would've bothered me even as a child, it annoys me just a tiny bit. :P
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard