if you could have one wish for TLG.....

Re: if you could have one wish for TLG.....

Postby Rollo » March 19th, 2016, 8:55 pm

^ Totally agree about the decline of Hans Zimmer. I'm a bit of a movie score nerd but those who regard him so highly for his talents are probably thinking about the music he's produced in the 90s and very early 2000s - even then, most of his work for animated films were collabs, and I suspect it was the other person he was working with who was bringing forward the fresh perspective. He has an awful habit of repeating his earlier work now. There are so many better composers out there. Zimmer's score for TLK is magnificent, undoubtedly, but it would've been nothing without Lebo M, Mark Mancina, Jay Rifkin etc. He's definitely a talented man but he works best in groups.

Chris Willis is proving to surpass all expectations. He's a most-welcome addition and I'm hoping they'll release TLG's score one day, even if it's only certain cues.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2016, 8:10 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]a grown up lion guard[/quote]

This is basically what I want for The Lion Guard in a nutshell. I honestly believe that Disney must have longer range plans for the Lion Guard, for it to be set where it is timeline wise. Since we all know Kiara grows up Kion would have to as well. My hope is that Lion Guard eventually leads to a theatrical Lion King 3 that explains where The Lion Guard was during the 2nd half of Lion King 2.

[quote="matkiethelioness"]Heck, when the show ends with Kiara and Kovu meeting each other and falling in love in a completely different way and story than in Simba's Pride, it will be a sad day for a lot of people.[/quote]

We know that Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka will appear on The Lion Guard this season. If Lion Guard intend to recon Lion King 2 out of existence I doubt these characters would be appearing at all. I want The Lion Guard to work with Lion King 2 not replace it.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on April 20th, 2016, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 21st, 2016, 2:21 am

Lionesses and Tifu and Zuris mother, and could there be any possible Zira showing since Kovu and Nuka and Vitani will make an appearance.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » March 21st, 2016, 3:17 pm

:lol: my wish right now: answers to all the questions about these plotholes
for example: an episode with kiara kion and kovu interacting. it was announced right? also: how did shenzi banzai and ed dissapear/got replaced by the new trio of hyenas? also I hope to see more lionesses and catlike species, or that a foreign lion family visits the pride lands (or kion and his family that visits a nearby lion pride) for the rest i hope less hyraxes (they are overdoing it) and maybe bunga could emigrate to far away :evil:
love how the series went so far.. the genets and the serval were awesome and also the different unique characters and the graphics are not bad at all. 24 episodes in season 1 so way more on their way!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Hatari05 » March 22nd, 2016, 12:39 pm

I agree with you though in truth I don't care if they tie together. I don't care if my fan theory is proven false so long as what I get in its place is still great. We can theorize but the idea of nothing ever being answered how is that a good thing, yeah we have our theories but would you really care if the show revealed Mufasa and Scar's backstory or had an awesome Zira outsiders story. Sure it counteracts LK II but does that matter if it's better even if not you can still watch it whenever.

I would watch any fan theory I had be obliterated if it meant I got a good gripping and emotional story out of it.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » March 22nd, 2016, 8:04 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]could there be any possible Zira showing since Kovu and Nuka and Vitani will make an appearance.[/quote]

I suspect Zira will be a surprise reveal at the end of the episode Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka appear in.

[quote="zerodix"]an episode with kiara kion and kovu interacting. it was announced right?[/quote]

It has been announced that Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka will appear in an upcoming episode. I'll be surprised if they don't interact with the rest of the cast.

[quote="Hatari05"]I would watch any fan theory I had be obliterated if it meant I got a good gripping and emotional story out of it.[/quote]

I'd be O.K. seeing any fan theory I have be disproved by actual canon. However if they retcon too deep and disavow Lion King 2. I will be disappointed just from a fan perspective.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » March 22nd, 2016, 8:44 pm

I don't care so much for continuity like some other people. I mean, the more truthful they remain to the original TLK lore the better, but it's not something I particularly mind. It's an alternate universe for me and I'll never be thinking about TLG when watching the original movie, or vice versa. One could argue that TLK2 already broke continuity with the original movie in several ways. So did TLK1½. And Timon & Pumbaa definitely did. :P

My biggest wish is for them to not overuse things. Especially Mufasa and the Roar. They should be kept special. Mufasa should only appear in more serious episodes, when Kion is at his darkest moment. And maybe sometimes not even then, so Kion can figure stuff out in other ways. Even more so with the Roar. They need to be careful not to overuse it, and maybe they should give it some sort of "rules" or "limits". They've already painted themselves a bit in the corner, cause Kion's Roar can basically solve any real threat and they constantly need to come up with random reasons as to why he can't use it. So yeah, that's my biggest concern. I hope they give the Roar some limitations and won't overuse it.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Squeely » April 19th, 2016, 6:26 am

I wish it would give us answers on a lot of things. Like, explain more about Scar and Mufasa's cubhood. Explain exactly what was Zira's relationship with Scar and how did half the pride get exiled. The show still has the chance to make good on my wishes, though :)
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby moonsugar33 » May 13th, 2016, 6:22 pm

:adored: I'm not saying Rob Lowe needs to meet with an unfortunate accident so we can get Matthew Broderick back

:coldhearted2: But Rob Lowe needs to meet with an unfortunate accident so we can get Matthew Broderick back.

:kionoops: ...Anyway/but really, my one wish/hope for TLG is only that it keeps getting better in quality. To me, it really feels like the show's still in its infancy, like the show staff are still warming up to their roles. The voice acting comes off as pretty cheesy or awkward in parts, the character animation needs serious improvement, and the scriptwriting sticks to really safe/predictable territory. This is all entirely understandable given- well, the show IS still in its infancy, as well as the unavoidable fact of its target audience. And I have every faith they will get better as time goes on!

I guess I'm just impatient :chuckle:

More detailed ranting under the cut:
Spoiler: show
Thanks for joining me!

:testify: If you'll forgive me, I'm going to draw parallels for a moment with the only other similar show I'm intimately familiar with- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This show, with a similar target audience, is now in its 6th season. It does a really good job of appealing to a broad range of people thanks to the fact that it manages to keep its plots simple and easy to understand, but doesn't necessarily achieve this by making the plots frivolous or dumbed down. There are layers to its storytelling that are able to be appreciated by both kids and adults on different levels, much like a good classic Disney movie typically achieves; and this quality is something I hope The Lion Guard can achieve too, with time.

:smilekion: Voice acting in general is something I really hope TLG can improve on over time, as well. One of the things that bothers me regularly in the show is the amount of "goofy" or cheesy voices that exist for comedic effect (Cheezi and Chungu, that ostrich, various incidental yet still incredibly grating throwaway characters). One of the things I was pleasantly surprised by when I first started watching MLP was the lack of thoroughly irritating and unnecessary voices like that.
Giving characters silly voices doesn't make them lovable, it makes them ANNOYING :theroar:

:forgiving: The last area I hope The Lion Guard improves on is the animation quality. Like I said, it's still early days yet, and I'm sure we've still got a long way to come. But the reality is we've got kind of a long way to come. Like someone else already posted, uh.

:chuckle2: If this (again, sorry for the MLP) is a good example of how much art can improve over time in one animated series for small children, imagine where our journey is going to take us! You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to putting the days of flat, lifeless shading, insanely stiff/slidey walkcycles, sprite-stretching and motionless background characters (Intro, anyone?) behind us.

:hackingcough: One example: In Fuli's New Family, in the scene where she walks through the mud with Ono, nobody leaves any footprints in the mud or gets it on their feet as they walk. There are basic splash effects, but that's literally all the interaction the characters have with the scene, visually. What is up with that?!

:confused: Anyway. tl;dr I love this show, but it really needs improvement, but I'm confident it'll get there eventually. However, my wish is that it gets there sooner rather than later.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 14th, 2016, 2:21 am

that they would sell it at Party City
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard