if you could have one wish for TLG.....

if you could have one wish for TLG.....

Postby Gaze » March 14th, 2016, 7:48 am

......what would it be?

to be more specific....is there a certain character you really want to have appear? is there something in the plotline that you desperately want explained? do you have an idea for an episode that you'd kill to see become reality?
what's one thing that could happen in TLG that would excite you more than any other possibility?

for me....I'd really love an episode or two that focuses on Scar's backstory and gives a glimpse into Mufasa and Scar's childhood. I don't just want this to be talked about by the characters, I wanna see a flashback or two! ideally, we'd also get to see one or both of Scar and Mufasa's parents, and Sarabi as well....but maybe that's too much to ask.
I think there should have been a sequel or show focusing entirely on Scar and Mufasa's cubhood, and that Disney never produced something along those lines is a seriously missed opportunity. I'm sure most TLK fans probably agree. it's a shame we'll probably never get that, but TLG presents an excellent opportunity to explore this concept. the idea of Scar's Guard is incredibly interesting to me, and I really would like to see it expanded upon....there's just this whole segment of TLK history that we have almost no canon information about, and it's killing me! (at least TLK:6NA is something......)

what about you? what would you wish for?
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Re: if you could have one wish for TLG.....

Postby it means no worries » March 14th, 2016, 11:02 am

I'd prefer a longer, more well thought out plot which lasts for multiple episodes so that it is well developed rather than the current system where a plot is forced into 15 minutes and is therefore not that good imo.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby TTB-Kun » March 14th, 2016, 11:22 am

a grown up lion guard, but it will never happen
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 14th, 2016, 12:55 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]a grown up lion guard, but it will never happen[/quote]

same, and never say never, you never know, it an always be a possibility
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Rollo » March 14th, 2016, 1:07 pm

Couldn't agree more with you, Sadiki. A look into Scar and Mufasa's childhood is all I've ever wanted. Most of the reason for my hatred for 1 1/2 is based on the fact that is such a missed opportunity. With the resources it offered, like stunning animation and an incredible score, we could've had a great prequel about Mufasa and Scar. I can't help but feel that TLG, with all the privileges that come with being a TV series as opposed to a film (like being able to actually develop a really good story and have the time to tell it), should think about having an episode that focuses on Scar's Guard and Mufasa as a cub. I mean, if they're bringing back Kovu and the rest for an episode, why can't we see things like that?

After all, TLG is supposed to introduce us to new stories. Not old characters and stories we've already seen.

Other than that, I'd just like TLG to take more risks, or at least have more concrete morals. So far it has a bit of a habit of contradicting itself with the message of CoL. And I'd like to see them take some more consideration into their story-lines and who the episode focuses on - imo Bunga is focused on far too much. He's a comic relief and he should be used in small doses. He shouldn't be the protagonist of almost every other episode. I want to see more of Kiara and Beshte.
Last edited by Rollo on March 14th, 2016, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby it means no worries » March 14th, 2016, 1:11 pm

[quote="lelizwe"] I'd just like TLG to take more risks[/quote]

This
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Hatari05 » March 14th, 2016, 6:10 pm

That it wasn't a show for Preschoolers, that's the main reason it's so episodic which as already stated is one of the shows main weaknesses. I would've loved a lion king series with a tone similar to avatar TLA or TLOK, I would've at least liked it to be serialized since barring a few exceptions it's hard for a show to truly explore it's morals and themes and develop it's characters if it's episodic. Aiming the show at a higher target audiences might've allowed it to be serialized which I think would overall improve the show.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby TheLionPrince » March 19th, 2016, 7:44 pm

I am in agreement that I wish for The Lion Guard to take more risks and it probably will come season 2. For season 1, they are testing the waters and discovering the right feel for the series like most series do. Now that the series is steadily gaining popularity, the writers will likely improve on the writing and make it more mature. I also wish the series would have at least explain its plot contrivances instead of ignoring it and asking the audiences to just go along with it. However, my biggest wish of them is...

[quote="Hatari05"]That it wasn't a show for Preschoolers, that's the main reason it's so episodic which as already stated is one of the shows main weaknesses. I would've loved a lion king series with a tone similar to avatar TLA or TLOK, I would've at least liked it to be serialized since barring a few exceptions it's hard for a show to truly explore it's morals and themes and develop it's characters if it's episodic. Aiming the show at a higher target audiences might've allowed it to be serialized which I think would overall improve the show.[/quote]

This is what I always wanted: a Lion King series that has a continuous story line that respects and doesn't contradict the storyline, is just as deep and mature as the first two movies, and has appeal to adults and the original fans. Granted Lion Guard does have its mature moments like the Makku fight, I am still bummed out that it is targeted at preschoolers. However, I cannot ignore its accomplishments in writing with Jasiri, which hints that not all hyenas are evil, tells non-lion related disputes that occur in the Pride Lands, and hints that there are other lion prides out there.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » March 19th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Honestly I don't think the writing is that bad outside of bunga, whom I hate.

If I could have one change it'd be to replace the musical number songwriter with Freddie Mercury, which is impossible considering he has been dead for 25 years. Elton, who did a great job on the original hasn't made too many great new songs since (only a handful of them since tlk are any good).

The guy doing the score, chris willis is honestly better than hans zimmer right now (hans mostly does mediocre blockbuster film scores now and his best scores in recent years are either done with someone else like kung fu panda 3, or something like Interstellar which had a pretty good soundtrack.)
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby matkiethelioness » March 19th, 2016, 8:53 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]That it wasn't a show for Preschoolers, that's the main reason it's so episodic which as already stated is one of the shows main weaknesses. I would've loved a lion king series with a tone similar to avatar TLA or TLOK, I would've at least liked it to be serialized since barring a few exceptions it's hard for a show to truly explore it's morals and themes and develop it's characters if it's episodic. Aiming the show at a higher target audiences might've allowed it to be serialized which I think would overall improve the show.[/quote]

Be careful with what you ask for. If Disney were to make a serious, more adult show like Avatar for TLG, you can make sure they won't follow the already violated canon. If Lion Guard with all of its flaws and inconsistencies can still be considered to be in the time line of Simba's Pride, that is because it doesn't take risks. Kopa could still have perfectly been killed at some point before Kiara is born, because they never mention or deny the existance of an elder brother. Kion dies before becoming an adult? He leaves? Why is he not in his sister's wedding? We can still make up answers for these questions because the show doesn't do it for itself. At least, not yet. Imagine what Disney would be capable to do to the theories we've done and imagined if it took TLG seriously.
Heck, when the show ends with Kiara and Kovu meeting each other and falling in love in a completely different way and story than in Simba's Pride, it will be a sad day for a lot of people.
As for the question — a wish for TLG... I like the idea of a flashback episode from Mufasa's generation. Mufasa is a great character and he had so little screentime in the movies. He's appering every episode in TLG, but... that doesn't change the fact that he is dead. I'd like to see him alive again.

[quote="Elton John"]
If I could have one change it'd be to replace the musical number songwriter with Freddie Mercury, which is impossible considering he has been dead for 25 years. Elton, who did a great job on the original hasn't made too many great new songs since (only a handful of them since tlk are any good).

The guy doing the score, chris willis is honestly better than hans zimmer right now (hans mostly does mediocre blockbuster film scores now and his best scores in recent years are either done with someone else like kung fu panda 3, or something like Interstellar which had a pretty good soundtrack.)[/quote]

Yes!!!! I started muting the phone or pc everytime a song comes up because I can't stand them!!! The only one I actually liked was Tonight We Strike.
matkiethelioness

in-train Pridelands historian

Nickname(s): Matkie, Cande
Pride Points: 0

Next

Return to The Lion Guard