[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - What's your theory for the SP/TLG timeline? — My Lion King Forum

What's your theory for the SP/TLG timeline?

Re: What's your theory for the SP/TLG timeline?

Postby TheLionPrince » March 8th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Last edited by TheLionPrince on March 8th, 2016, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Rollo » March 8th, 2016, 7:53 pm

^ That's a really good observation about the inclusion of extra lionesses. I never even thought of that, but it's a potential reason for the creators not opting for post-SP.

I'm trying to rule out the Kiara-and-Kion-littermate scenario purely because of the complications it could create with SP as a movie. I know they've messed up the timeline, but so far the creators have been pretty careful about not altering any of the events that happened in the films that were on-screen. I think they want to keep it that way, too, or else they're rendering themselves to look a bit ridiculous, or upsetting fans. If Kiara and Kion were born at the same time, there's no real reason stated for him not being present at SP's opening ceremony as well as the rest of SP. But there's a strong argument for him existing in the mid-section we didn't see on-screen. The reason I've been able to accept Scar's Guard so easily is not just because it's an interesting concept, but because no one knows what happened pre-TLK, so there's no need to feel as though the canon has been disrupted or tampered with. That's the safe route I feel that TLG are taking and will continue to take.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Hatari05 » March 10th, 2016, 11:27 am

I honestly don't think they are connected too many counteractions.

1. Kiara is a completely different character from either versions.
2. Simba is the complete opposite to how he was in SP.
3. The outlands and the elephant graveyard seem to be almost the same.

I don't think you can reconcile them, which is fine if you can't work within the second movie then make your own timeline. It doesn't need to connect to SP it just needs to tell a good story, which I admit I'm not impressed in that particular category but I'm not the only one watching either. Either way rather you like one or both I don't think they can tied together at all, though it's still fun to try anyway and speculate.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby zerodix » March 10th, 2016, 11:46 pm

I think the lion guard took place before the meetup between kiara and kovu. kiara has a split personality and simba varies in fatness and bodylength after eating radioactive garbage. nala took in 2 nieces of Vitani, since Tiifu and Zuri seem to be orphans. Timon is on steroids and Pumbaa... is Pumbaa.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Given that Kion and Kiara are pretty much the same size I believe they are littermates. This belief however makes it very difficult to explain where he was during Lion King 2. I think a lot will be explained when we see the Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka episode.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » March 21st, 2016, 3:08 pm

i found a fan blog with the perfect explanation of the different storylines on deviantart. that is the one i will base my fan theory on from now on.
after the lion king movie in 1994. the 6 new adventures books were released. in those books simba and nala have 1 cub, a son named Kopa. He looks exactly like his father but with a mane tuft. :kopa2: :kopa3:
the team that worked on that books did not know about simbas pride beeing in production, and vice versa. that is why the SP producers didnt know about the storyline with Kopa. The cub at the end of the 1st movie was called fluffy by the makers of the first movie. In early SP productions the cub was supposed to be a male called Chaka. That concept didnt make it to the final production and Kiara was then the only cub of Simba and Nala...according to disney. real fans did offcourse know about both books and movies, and fan art with both kopa and kiara as royal cubs appeared. Kopa as the older brother since the books were before SP. then TLG comes and disney holds on to Kiara as an existing royal cub and makes Kion the 2nd born, which would be logical ik Kiara appeared as an adult and/or with Kovu. Since apparently she is a cub again things got turned around leaving us with questions: plot holes! where is Kovu... where did these 3 hyenas come from? where is Zira and the outlanders? Where are the prideland lionesses etc? i also do not have this answers. maybe it will he revealed in the series.
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 21st, 2016, 4:08 pm

some of us have said this before but its also do to the fact that the animators have changed and that really angers me about Disney, they lay off the old animators that that did the film.....ok let me put it this way, when it comes to the animators its out with the old in with the new, and I hate it
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby TheLionPrince » March 21st, 2016, 6:21 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]some of us have said this before but its also do to the fact that the animators have changed and that really angers me about Disney, they lay off the old animators that that did the film.....ok let me put it this way, when it comes to the animators its out with the old in with the new, and I hate it[/quote]

This doesn't have to do with the animators. They are not the ones who created this series; the reason for whatever complications in the storyline was caused by Ford Riley, the creator and writer of other Disney children's television series, and his team of writers that are working on the show. Also, the series is being animated by those at Mercury Filmworks (in Ottawa, Canada) for Disney Television Animation. The animators who worked on the original film worked in the Feature Animation department (now known as Walt Disney Animation Studios) in Burbank, California and Orlando, Florida. Even if they were still employed at Disney, they would still be working in the WDAS department.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby zerodix » March 22nd, 2016, 12:16 am

*quotes the above* this...

and:
the animators that work for Disney are mostly hired per project. After finishing one project, they are assigned to another project. It has absolutely nothing to do with Disney kicking out older staff members, Disney is known for having the most talented crews working on their productions. With new technology and new employees, comes another way of character designing and movements.
I must say, the 1994's Lion King is the bigger and better one compared to all that was based on it, but TLG is absolutely not a bad production. The backgrounds, music, movements, designs and storylines arent as bad as I thought it would be. I watch every episode and enjoy it a lot.
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Troll Berserker » March 22nd, 2016, 10:02 am

[quote="zerodix"]i found a fan blog with the perfect explanation of the different storylines on deviantart. that is the one i will base my fan theory on from now on.
after the lion king movie in 1994. the 6 new adventures books were released. in those books simba and nala have 1 cub, a son named Kopa. He looks exactly like his father but with a mane tuft. :kopa2: :kopa3:
the team that worked on that books did not know about simbas pride beeing in production, and vice versa. that is why the SP producers didnt know about the storyline with Kopa. The cub at the end of the 1st movie was called fluffy by the makers of the first movie. In early SP productions the cub was supposed to be a male called Chaka. That concept didnt make it to the final production and Kiara was then the only cub of Simba and Nala...according to disney. real fans did offcourse know about both books and movies, and fan art with both kopa and kiara as royal cubs appeared. Kopa as the older brother since the books were before SP. then TLG comes and disney holds on to Kiara as an existing royal cub and makes Kion the 2nd born, which would be logical ik Kiara appeared as an adult and/or with Kovu. Since apparently she is a cub again things got turned around leaving us with questions: plot holes! where is Kovu... where did these 3 hyenas come from? where is Zira and the outlanders? Where are the prideland lionesses etc? i also do not have this answers. maybe it will he revealed in the series.[/quote]
Um, not exactly :roll:
When the SNA books were made, SP was NOT in the works. It came years after the original movie. SNA are not that important as everyone think they are. They are just generic spin-off books just like all the comics and activties in child magazines. There are comics where Ed talks and where Timon&Pumbaa are Simba's childhood friends at the time he was living in Pridelands, yet nobody ever considers them canon. SNA is not different - it's just someone's fanfic released on license to make more money, and it's not even worldwide. Believing in Kopa is not what "true TLK fans do". True fans can tell apart what's canon and what is not.
That's why nobody in Disney production cared about some licensed spinoff story like tons of other licensed spinoff stories released over the years. It was never said that the cub at the end of TLK was supposed to be Chaka. TLK was never meant to have a sequel, so the cub they added is a plain Simba-clone, because it was meant to be a symbol of Cirle Of Life, not actual "sequel-preview" character.
kovu is going to appear. The fact that TLG has Kiara, Kovu and his siblings proves that they don't want to dump SP completely. Just wait for the episode and maybe they will explain everything better.

*rant over*

Also everyone who say Kion was born some time after Kiara - pregnancy is not THAT short. They look about the same age. If he was born later, then at the time he reaches his TLG age, Kiara should be a teen/young adult already.
Theory that they are littermates makes more sense.

I think TLG takes place between events in SP, after Kiara's cubhood part, where Kiara is a bit older and more mature.
About Kion being gone during SP:
The whole plot with Kovu appearing in Pridelands and the final battle takes place within a few days.
In the scene with Vitani and Nuka lighting up sticks in volcano, Nuka says that hyenas "ran away".
I think they ran away recently, chased off by Kion and maybe Kion and the Guard want after them for whatever reason and bacause of that they were gone for a few days when the events of SP took place.

Also about the "Outlands", we can see that both TLG and SP "outlands" are two different places. Lions like in open plains with termite mounds while hyenas live in canyons, volcano and Elephant Grraveyard. Maybe "Outlands" are just various dry areas outside Pridelands borders with the same name.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard