Episode 8 - The Search For Utamu

Re: Episode 8 - The Search For Utamu

Postby Rollo » February 27th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » February 27th, 2016, 3:23 pm

I remember treading somewhere that tlg was made mostly with boys in mind. Like marvel and star wars, old corporate suits don't understand that these three things can also appeal to females and most males will buy merch of the female characters and or aren't offended by a lead female presence (just a vocal minority).
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » February 27th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I just saw the episode and I really liked it!!!! The songs were awful but Kion's "yeah Bunga has got into trouble more than a few times" face was so funny! And that Serval... I LIVED HIM!!! His voice was so cute and just how he acted I just love him so much and I want to draw him!!! <3
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Tsuki » February 27th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Just watched it on Kiss Cartoon. That Serval so so cute! But yeh...the songs were annoying :/.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Elton John » February 27th, 2016, 10:30 pm

I don't mind kion using his roar if it makes sense to use it. In this episode he used it as a way of telling the vultures to 'eff off'.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Gaze » March 1st, 2016, 12:53 am

hmmm, not totally sure how much I liked this one! something about it felt....a little disjointed, I guess? still, I'm glad for any episode where Fuli is a major focus, so I can't complain too much!!

the Bunga subplot was nice in that I think we've all been wanting an 'origin story' for him, but I think I would have preferred for it to be a separate episode, in which Bunga's backstory could have been focused on a little more. it had the potential to be 'deeper' and more emotional, but instead was very brief. not even a vague explanation as to why Bunga's parents weren't around?
I would have really enjoyed more flashback scenes showing how Bunga bonded with T&P. when they first met, Timon had little interest in Bunga aside from the fact that he could provide desirable resources. however, we know that now, Timon genuinely loves and cares for Bunga, as evidenced by T&P's celebration of the day they met him, the concern Timon shows for Bunga's wellbeing in RotR, etc. so it would've been nice to see what happened in between then and now. it would have been cute to see Timon progress from not being particularly attached to Bunga, to loving him like a son (err, nephew).

I love Fuli!! was cool that the show finally addressed how cheetahs can only run so fast in short bursts, and this subplot also helped reinforce how well the Guard works as a team and how essential that is. I really liked Kion's use of the roar here because it helped show how much he cares about protecting Fuli when she's weak.

definitely NOT a strong episode musically. the Utamu song was cute, but of course nothing special, and the vulture song seemed much too sudden and out of place (and, overall, forgettable).
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbaPrescott » March 4th, 2016, 11:58 pm

This wasn't a favourite of mine, either. I was disappointed with both songs, which is a shame since I was really looking forward to hearing Mzingo and Mwoga sing a song of their own.

I enjoyed Fuli's plot. Good piece of info for the kids, too. Bunga's was... okay. Seeing him as a kid was cute, but I was kinda hoping we'd see another member of the Guard somewhere in the background while that happened. I personally believe that Fuli Speeds Ahead was a much better title though.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Squeely » April 19th, 2016, 8:03 pm

A cute episode, the stuff between Bunga and Timon and Pumbaa was heartwarming.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard