Bunga; or the lion guard writers trying too hard to make...

Re: Bunga; or the lion guard writers trying too hard to make

Postby Alexterri1 » February 16th, 2016, 7:47 pm

^ Honestly, if there's one thing that bugs me about the original movie, it's that, if the message of the movie is that you shouldn't shirk your responsibilities and that life isn't all happy daisy sunshine, why does Hakuna Matata get its own song? And why is it one of the most iconic parts of the film? :/
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Rollo » February 16th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Alexterri1 » February 16th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Meh, maybe it's just because I dislike the whole Timon and Pumbaa thing in general

Yeah, but Be Prepared is the villain song. You're supposed to think that Scar is wrong. Hakuna Matata is played up as being a positive thing in the song and the fact that T&P are supposed to be good guys.

And I do agree that Circle of Life is the most iconic part of the movie. I said that Hakuna Matata was ONE of the most famous parts of the movie, not THE most.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex

Postby Rollo » February 16th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » February 17th, 2016, 7:57 am

I have no hatred toward Bunga. The fact that his reckless attitude mirrors what A Honey Badger is like in real life, keeps me from finding him annoying. However I agree The writers were originally trying to create another "Break Out" character. I think forcing Bunga on the audience like that was a mistake. Thankfully subsequent episodes have not pushed Bunga that hard. This will give him a chance to come into his own at a more natural pace.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Lionkingview » February 18th, 2016, 12:00 am

Well in my opinion bunga is kind of an obvious attempt at a mix between brakeout character and comic relief. His aditute can really annoy the heck out of me at times, but he also has his moments. Said moments are mostly scenes in which he makes a fool of himself .....and surprisingly enough him being the but of the joke works out pretty well . I gues that's cause of a very simple concept. Take a character with a lot of energy and self esteem(in this case bunga)and have him or her try to be cool. Now all we need to do is have him fail at trying to be cool , add a deadpan reaction or embarrassment to the mix and you'll get an ok joke. That's at least what i think.
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 24th, 2016, 2:47 pm

I would like to point out how Bunga the wise shorts dont match bunga at all, I think because if he supposed to be wise enough to educate kids on two animals, then he should know what the word immune means for what the dangers of venomous snakes or what you should and should not do, to me they rally screwed that up.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 16th, 2016, 10:13 pm

For me, Bunga is just annoying and they were trying too hard to make Bunga a kid favorite. I just think he interrupts too much at important moments such as in Return of the Roar when they were explaining Scar's guard and how he killed them. I get that sometimes young kids blurt things out at inappropriate times or they tend to be a little too confident in themselves (better than not having confidence at all), but I wish they would just leave the "Bunga stinks, Bunga has gas" out of the show. You can have a funny kid's show without toilet humor. There are times his puffed up pride is funny such as in Bunga the wise when Fuli looked at Kion like, "You think he should be giving advice?" :lol:

My opinion is that Bunga has been toned down a bit in the episodes (I have not seen episode six as my DVR keeps recording literally only one minute of it) but I do wish they would not use "unBUNGAbelievable" as a catchphrase as it's going overboard to me. Zuka zama doesn't bother me as much but I still think they need to ease up on him some. Although in another way I understand because when I was younger some of my family found my friends annoying. It reminds of Full House and DJ's friend Kimmy who all the adults find a bit weird and annoying but who's a loyal, good friend when the going gets tough. :)
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 17th, 2016, 5:04 am

totally 100% with you on this, I agree with every word and to be honest I think saying unbungaleavable is like...if you think about it, UN-Bunga is like saying Im not so Bunga-ish, thats what I think when I hear that phrase, it just...doesn't make sense, or catch on, I just dont agree with that phrase at all. Unbungaleavable to me means being less Bunga or not being Bunga at all. and people say unbaliveable just to say its incredible, and saying incredible would be alot better then unbunga, I mean they made Bunga way too full of him self then went to far to just make him say Unbungaleavle.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Gaze » March 17th, 2016, 8:20 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]It reminds of Full House and DJ's friend Kimmy who all the adults find a bit weird and annoying but who's a loyal, good friend when the going gets tough. :)[/quote]
haha! full house is my 2nd fav show and I love this comparison....it'd be funny if some of the characters (especially the adults) expressed more outward annoyance towards Bunga, like the full house characters do towards Kimmy. would provide a nice sense of balance if some of the characters were just as blatantly irritated by Bunga as the audience tends to be.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard