Bunga; or the lion guard writers trying too hard to make...

Re: Bunga; or the lion guard writers trying too hard to make

Postby Ninclow » May 10th, 2016, 6:58 am

I also hope that Simba and Nala will stop having silly pauses in the middle of a sentence before saying the word 'tradition' from now on...
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby TheLionPrince » May 13th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Just to refresh your memory...;)

[quote="Elton John"]And tlk wasn't going to be pg because the previous disney pg rated film, the black cauldren was such a financial disaster that it almost closed down walt disney animation studios. That or oliver and company, I forget which was almost the straw that broke the camels back.[/quote]

It was The Black Cauldron.

[quote="Elton John"]They needed the levity in the movie to keep things from getting too depressing and away from a pg rating. TLK wasn't a sure success as many of you know that disney had little faith in the movie and placed a lot of their veteran animators on pocahontas. I forgot who but a disney exec questioned the film by saying 'nobody is going to watch this' or something close to that.[/quote]

I just wanted to tackle a couple of misconceptions. True, the Disney executives (outside of Thomas Schumacher) didn't have too much faith in it during its early beginnings, but when the teaser trailer of "Circle of Life" was released in November 1993, it was when some of the staff working on the film admitted there was something special about it and the executives were impressed like Dick Cook was. Around the time of its release, Disney gave it the same promotional rollout and release plans that Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin had.

And some veteran supervising animators went to work on Lion King which included Mark Henn, Andreas Deja, James Baxter, Ruben Aquino, and even Nik Ranieri was working on the film until he moved over to work on Pocahontas. Henn and Aquino managed to work on both films in Florida. Lastly, that was Jeffrey Katzenberg who famously talked down on Lion King in favor of Pocahontas.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » May 13th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Interesting...

And katzenberg? Explains a lot.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard