Cant wait to be Queen SPOILER!

Re: Cant wait to be Queen SPOILER!

Postby Carl » January 31st, 2016, 6:02 pm

^ The way it sounded when he mentioned the term on Skype to me is as if feminism is what those active "feminists" present it as, which is a common misconception; those people are typically saying that women should be above men. I don't know if he thinks women should be below them, but I got the impression he thinks feminism is about putting women above men, when in reality it is just about equality. However, that's a discussion for another area of the board...

I'm not so sure he was frustrated that a female was in charge as much as the way it was presented rubbed him the wrong way. I think he just found it off-putting that Kiara was treated so differently from Kion, despite them both having good qualities and Kion having more leadership experience in canon. That's how I interpreted his post anyway. I also don't think the show is sexist at all, just it is geared towards a male audience in the same way MLP is geared towards girls. Personally, I think it would have made more sense if Simba had told Kiara and Kion to watch over the Pride Lands together. This could have prevented their fighting and helped to keep things smoother while at the same time giving them both much needed experience.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Nilla » January 31st, 2016, 6:39 pm

I think that often times people look at "active "feminists"" as you called them and think they want women to be above men, when really what they're doing is prioritizing women in their activism, because they're the one's that need it most and it's the cause that they choose to advocate for. You're right though, we're getting off topic. Maybe Tora will show up and defend himself instead of us putting words in his mouth and arguing our interpretations of his post, lol. Or maybe we should just get back on topic x)
I agree it would have been nice if simba asked kiara and kion to look after the pridelands together! I'm not so into the sibling rivalry stuff, i want them to get along. They don't do sibling rivalry in an obnoxious way, though, and i was totally fine with the way they did it. Well, besides the inconsistencies of Simba never trusting Kiara to do anything herself in TLK2. But I headcannon that Simba asked Timon and Pumbaa to look after her discreetly like usual, but they're incompetent and did a bad job at it.
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » January 31st, 2016, 11:30 pm

This episode to me, was MUCH better than "Bunga the Wise". I only have one gripe with it though.

It's about Tiifu and Zuri's attitudes.

They strike me as the kind of friends that would exploit someone for their worth. To me, that raises the red flag a little, and it just didn't fit their personalities. More so because I hate people like that myself (personal experience). They just don't seem like real friends of Kiara. Though, to be nice I think I'll wait and see if they can redeem themselves.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Tora » February 1st, 2016, 4:35 am

Ok let me just clarify what I meant. The show just seemed to rub me the wrong way in this episode. Same thing with the Jasari episode. I get where it's coming from in the Jasari episode, but at the same time that comment really did bug me. :eyeroll: Pehaps that is just me being over sensitive. Anyway I am not against equality between the sexes, and I am all for that. I don't know why, but the idea of a Queen has never really stuck with me. Whenever I have learned, and or looked into monarchy I have always found that the male will inevitably get power whether through marriage or through succession of simply being the oldest male. Though I get it. Females have every right to lead as well. I just felt like Kion I guess. I guess I relate to him too much sometimes. :kionoops: As for the real intention of Feminism sure it's to get an "equality" going, but clearly the prime feminists of today are more about the supremacy of women than equality. I'm just saying. Prioritizing is definitely not the truth either. Especially with that one mouthing off about putting men in concentration camps, but that is a talk for another topic. Anyway if anyone still thinks I'm against equality I'm sorry if it seems that way. Maybe I am just not clear enough in what I'm trying to say.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby SimbasGuard » February 1st, 2016, 4:51 am

I know that The Lion Guard drew inspiration from The Avengers. Fuli is the only Female member of The Lion Guard now. However like The Avengers, The Lion Guard could alter or expand their membership. This may not be likely given that The Lion Guard is a preschool show, but there is at least a possibility of a roster change for The Lion Guard. Since that potential exists we could eventually see another Female member of The Lion Guard.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » February 1st, 2016, 4:54 am

I made a separate topic for this discussion of feminism.

Please return to your CWTBQ-specific discussions. ;)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Nilla » February 1st, 2016, 5:05 am

[quote="KionofTheLionGuard"]This episode to me, was MUCH better than "Bunga the Wise". I only have one gripe with it though.

It's about Tiifu and Zuri's attitudes.

They strike me as the kind of friends that would exploit someone for their worth. To me, that raises the red flag a little, and it just didn't fit their personalities. More so because I hate people like that myself (personal experience). They just don't seem like real friends of Kiara. Though, to be nice I think I'll wait and see if they can redeem themselves.[/quote]

Same! I was so excited about kiara getting friends but their personalities aren't very nice. :x I hope kiara learns to stick up for herself. It's kinda funny that you say you didn't think it fit their personalities, when this is pretty much the first time we've gotten to see what those personalities are. :lol: They didn't fit my ~headcannoned~ personalities of them though!
It was still an awesome episode
Nilla

Postby SimbasGuard » February 1st, 2016, 5:26 am

I don't think Kiara will take any guff from Tifu and Zuri. She starred daggers at them when they tried to say that Kiara proclaimed them Dame Tifu and Lady Zuri. :roll:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 1st, 2016, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Nilla » February 1st, 2016, 5:40 am

Very true. I forgot about that
Nilla

Postby Troll Berserker » February 1st, 2016, 8:19 pm

I think CWTBQ was a pretty good episode overall.
The aniamtion, especially animation of lions really bugs me, but I don't think it's something that's gonna change, sadly :/

I liked seeing Simba struggling with being a king. After all he came back from years of Hakuna Matata life and imedietely became a king. He had to have some difficulties with his new role.
Death theme was a really strong one, especially that they even showed a dead body and other elephants grieving over it. It was really sad, but also really goo. The poop joke was not of my taste, but I understand it was to make a point that remembering a friend in your own way is better and more honest way to show respect than traditional fomulas, and also that we should remember good memories with our loved ones. I think this was my favourite part of this episode.

The part with Kiara and Kion was a good one, but I think Kiara was very careless to trust Janja so quickly.
I like that the roar wasn't used in this episode.

It seems very OOC to me that Simba left Kiara in charge so willingly and without anyone to look after her. In Simba's Pride he was so paranoid not to let adult Kiara go hunting alone and we always see Timon&Pumbaa stalking her on Simba's command. However I like to believe that somewhere before SP there was a break point that made Simba distrust Kiara again.

And my question is once more - where the heck are all the other lions?!
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard