Are there any other honey badgers in the Pride Lands?

Are there any other honey badgers in the Pride Lands?

Postby InsaneSeagull » January 27th, 2016, 11:40 am

I know this question sounds silly, but after watching Bunga The Wise something made me think of it...

When Rafiki said that honey badgers are the most intelligent animals in the Pride Lands, Bunga took it as a personal compliment. And not just that, all the other animals at the same moment thought that it relates to him and started calling him Bunga the Wise, and asking for advice. As far as I recall, Rafiki didn't say it relates to Bunga. He was speaking of honey badgers in general.

As far as we know, Bunga was adopted. Could it be that he's not from Pride Lands at all, and that there are none more there? Has anyone else thought of this?
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Re: Are there any other honey badgers in the Pride Lands?

Postby Rollo » January 27th, 2016, 1:31 pm

I was thinking about the whole 'adopted' scenario a few days ago, actually. I came up with a theory that Bunga may have been found in Timon and Pumbaa's oasis, but returned with them to the Pridelands when Kion was born, since T&P would want to see Simba's second child. We can assume they then decided to stay to 'help' Simba (since they're so good at that :roll: ) and ending up making a home at Hakuna Matata Falls. I haven't thought much more about it but I would love an explanation as to how they ended up adopting him in the first place.

Although, this would mess with the idea that T&P continually leave Pride Rock to return to the oasis. 1 1/2 sort of screwed things up a little with their ending.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » January 28th, 2016, 7:53 am

Why would Rafiki say honey badgers were "the smartest animals in the Pridelands" if Bunga was the only honey badger in the Pridelands, though? Rafiki seemed to imply there were more honey badgers in the Pridelands. Still though, the theories brought up here are interesting, and I hope we get answers about Bunga's origins in future episodes.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Troll Berserker » January 28th, 2016, 8:20 am

I don't think that Bunga is the only honey badger. We just see the exact animals that witnessed Bunga doing the smart thing, so why would they search for other honey badgers when they have Bunga just there?
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Return to The Lion Guard