A very interesting tidbit I found in an article.

A very interesting tidbit I found in an article.

Postby Elton John » January 17th, 2016, 8:39 pm

http://variety.com/2016/tv/features/voice-director-kelly-ward-brings-out-roar-in-lion-guard-1201680305/

It's an interview with viice director kelly ward. Kelly later in the interviews says that tlg won't shy away from the darker, sadder aspects of living in the pridelands. They've been given creative freedom to not pull many punches.

What this means exactly I don't know.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: A very interesting tidbit I found in an article.

Postby TheLionPrince » January 17th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Not every article about Lion Guard needs its own separate thread. You could just have posted that in the "anything lion guard" thread, but then again, I already posted a link to the article anyway.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Rollo » January 17th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » January 18th, 2016, 5:13 am

[quote="Elton John"]It's an interview with viice director kelly ward. Kelly later in the interviews says that tlg won't shy away from the darker, sadder aspects of living in the pridelands. They've been given creative freedom to not pull many punches.

What this means exactly I don't know.[/quote]

In a nutshell I think it means that The Lion Guard won't sugar coat or dumb things down for their target audience...at least not too much.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Braveheart » January 18th, 2016, 5:17 am

I am remaining skeptical unless proven otherwise because this is Disney, not Nat Geo.
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby SimbasGuard » January 20th, 2016, 11:02 am

I doubt we will see an onscreen death of a character, but the fact that they mentioned that The Hyenas had gotten a couple of Gazelle, shows that they are taking chances with The show that I thought A Preschool show would not dare.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » January 23rd, 2016, 6:36 pm

Very cool. I doubt we'll get anything all that dark anyway, since it is a show aimed at young kids, but thus far TLG has surprised me with what it was willing to show, and it's good to know that it won't shy away from it in future episodes.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to The Lion Guard