Thoughts on 'never judge a hyena by its spots'. Spoilers?

Thoughts on 'never judge a hyena by its spots'. Spoilers?

Postby Elton John » January 16th, 2016, 9:55 am

I honestly liked this ep quite a bit.

Thoughts

-Jasiri is adorable, design and accent.
-the song in the middle was really catchy
-the subplot was mildly amusing which is better than being terrible.
-it had a decent action sequence that involved kion and jasiri getting into physical contact with hyenas.
-Finally, a canonical good hyena! I think there might have been one in the books but I never read them.

This ep was better than the tv movie and the 'rise of the makuu' i'd give it an 8.5/10
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Thoughts on 'never judge a hyena by its spots'. Spoilers

Postby Squeely » January 16th, 2016, 12:03 pm

^Asante was the name of the good hyena (kind of ironic that Kion used that word when thanking Jasiri. Intentional reference?), whom I believe was part of the German radio plays about Kopa. So not technically from the books, but based on them. I could be remembering wrong, though, since it's been ages since I read 6NA.

RotR suffered from pilot syndrome: what I mean by that is, many new characters were left underdeveloped because they'd be developed in the series. Rise of Makuu was pretty good, though the song and by extension, entire Bunga stink sideplot, were pretty weak. We didn't get much character development for our mains.

Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots definitely feels like the strongest TLG episode thus far. The subplot of the rest of the guard trying to get to the rock is pretty dynamic, and shows off some flaws for our characters while demonstrating why Kion is best suited to lead. And Jasiri is a great character, easily one of the best TLG has offered us. She's adorable and very likable, and it's good to see that the issue of painting all hyenas as "evil" is being addressed right away. Sisi Ni Sawa is one of the strongest songs in the series, and is educational to boot. All in all, a great episode.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » January 16th, 2016, 1:20 pm

It was so good and witty and cute and had the best song ever it's my favourite song from the lion king trilogy at all!
Jasiris so cute and is my second favourite character
And Kion is so perfect and he's my favourite character
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Rollo » January 16th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Has anyone found any good working websites for us non-US fans?
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby MiKuna Matata » January 16th, 2016, 3:32 pm

^ There's one website called "Kisscartoon.com". But the new episode hasn't been put on yet. It would take some time till they put it on.
The other thread "anything lion guard" in this forum gives one address. I've just watched. The good thing, in my opinion, is the fighting scene. Finally get some tough scenes. ;) And it's way better to give children and all the other audiences a brand-new thought about hyenas in the food chain.:kionsmile:

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Postby Squeely » January 16th, 2016, 6:04 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]Has anyone found any good working websites for us non-US fans?[/quote]
Here's where I watched it. I'm in the US, but I'm assuming this works outside of the US as well:
http://www.toonova.com/the-lion-guard-episode-2-never-judge-a-hyena-by-its-spots
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby CrazyNuka » January 16th, 2016, 6:33 pm

It was very cute and I enjoyed the episode a lot. It was a good decision to have a good hyena in the Lion King verse. All in all, I give this episode a 10/10. ^^
One of the biggest Nuka fans on this forum! I am CrazyNuka but you can also call me CN or Bobby! Let's be friends, shall we? :3 I won't bite! Hehe! I'm just so crazy! Haha!
CrazyNuka
Aaagh this termites!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well .. I finally got your attention .. didn't I?

Nickname(s): Bobby, CN, Nuka, Booby, Hubba Bubba
Pride Points: 13

Postby Blazetail » January 16th, 2016, 8:18 pm

everything i put wrong in episodes is how they are teaching half truths

yes hyenas do scavenge but so do lions, hyenas are better hunters then lions infact lions scavenge hyenas kills
Blazetail

Pride Points: 1

Postby Jiirani » January 16th, 2016, 8:35 pm

[quote="Squeely"][quote="lelizwe"]Has anyone found any good working websites for us non-US fans?[/quote]
Here's where I watched it. I'm in the US, but I'm assuming this works outside of the US as well:
http://www.toonova.com/the-lion-guard-episode-2-never-judge-a-hyena-by-its-spots[/quote]

Thanks for this link lol... I've been looking everywhere for this episode since last night :3c

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Lilly Lion » January 16th, 2016, 9:10 pm

It was Really Cool and it teaches you to judge others
Lilly Lion
Lion king Rules

I love Lion king

Nickname(s): Lilly
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Lion Guard