Lion Guard Catchphrases

Lion Guard Catchphrases

Postby Kiana » January 11th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Why are they all of a sudden pooping up with so many African catchphrases? I guess it must be for the kids but seriously, for me they are so annoying! except maybe when Bunga sang about his, that was kinda catchy!

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Re: Lion Guard Catchphrases

Postby Moka » January 26th, 2016, 1:44 am

I actually really like the catchphrases. They're continuing the tradition of allowing African influences in the production. In The Lion King the "catchphrase" was Hakuna Matata, the meaning of which became common knowledge across the world. The characters in The Lion Guard often say Asante or other common swahili words. I think it's important to have a bit of cultural influence. Dora the Explorer kind of shoved it in your face ("can you say ____?"), but I think the usage here is more subtle than it could be, which is a good thing. Plus, singing about Zuka Zama sounds way cool. Try singing that song using only English.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KiovuLove » January 26th, 2016, 1:49 am

lol the song was the worst! I had to mute it after a couple seconds lol it does bother me that they say them so much. i think they just want to make sure that its incorporated to give it the feel of the lion king. i mean, i know the lion king didnt use it as much, but it had more of an african feel than the lion guard and they're probably just trying to make up for it.
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » January 26th, 2016, 2:08 am

[quote="Moka"]. Plus, singing about Zuka Zama sounds way cool. Try singing that song using only English.[/quote]
Okay... *to Zuka Zama zom zom zom*
"Get up get up dive right in, get up get you dive right in"
Sorry
I like Zuka Zama
I just wanted to try
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby HasiraKali » January 26th, 2016, 2:37 am

Wasn't there already a topic on this? I know we've explained this already.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Return to The Lion Guard