A ROTR foreign language sub. plan

A ROTR foreign language sub. plan

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 28th, 2015, 4:07 am

Since I wasn't born 21 years ago, I couldn't watch TLK in movie theater. But now, I can personally participate in the premier of the The Lion Guard: Return Of The Roar. To celebrate and memorize such a moment, I decided to do something special.
I want to make a subtitle of Chinese version for ROTR.( since my native language is Chinese.)
According to my observation, here in MLK we have some foreign language users and learners. If you'd like, you can make other versions of different languages.
Here's my progress so far:
I've created the Chinese names of characters.
On the left are the names of old characters; on the other side are the new ones.
Fantasia Painting.jpg

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Re: A ROTR foreign language sub. plan

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 29th, 2015, 10:03 am

(Sorry for double posts)
I've finished the work! :D
It took me about 15 hours to finish this. I keep the Swahili lines and English songs original.
I maybe was the first one to watch ROTR in my country. And now, I'm the first one to create the Chinese version.(perhaps)
I used PowerDirector 12 to make this. There're 980 lines in it. It's quite exhausting since I had to think about translation between two languages. And it's hard to keep the initial meanings. But anyway, this is it.
螢幕擷取畫面 (7).png

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » November 29th, 2015, 10:32 am

Great work! Can you generate an .srt file and upload it to this topic or link it somehow so people can download it?
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 29th, 2015, 12:33 pm

[quote="Moka"]Great work! Can you generate an .srt file and upload it to this topic or link it somehow so people can download it?[/quote]
Well, I can't transform it into .srt. So I uploaded the whole video to my Onedrive, here's the link.
http://1drv.ms/1OxJtMn
It's 720P. If you download it, you can watch it more clearly. ;)

MiKuna Matata

Postby SimbaPrescott » November 30th, 2015, 12:33 am

Wow, nice work!
I kinda wish I had a Japanese keyboard now - subtitling this movie would be the perfect way to practise what I've been learning.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 30th, 2015, 1:02 am

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]I kinda wish I had a Japanese keyboard now - subtitling this movie would be the perfect way to practise what I've been learning.[/quote]
Well, if you really want to try this. Here it says you can type Japanese without a Japanese keyboard:
https://coscom.co.jp/learnjapanese801/index.html
Good luck! :D

MiKuna Matata

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » November 30th, 2015, 1:09 am

I made a translation of Here comes the lion guard into Dutch... There's no way I'm singing though, if anyone wants to :D
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 30th, 2015, 1:38 pm

[quote="_TravelerBlu_"]I made a translation of Here comes the lion guard into Dutch... There's no way I'm singing though, if anyone wants to :D[/quote]
I'd like to take a look! Though I don't know Dutch... And translation of TLG is really a good chance to practice language abilities! :lol:

MiKuna Matata

Postby SimbaPrescott » November 30th, 2015, 6:27 pm

[quote="MiKuna Matata"][quote="SimbaPrescott"]I kinda wish I had a Japanese keyboard now - subtitling this movie would be the perfect way to practise what I've been learning.[/quote]
Well, if you really want to try this. Here it says you can type Japanese without a Japanese keyboard:
https://coscom.co.jp/learnjapanese801/index.html
Good luck! :D[/quote]
I'll give it a try, thanks! :)
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby MiKuna Matata » January 13th, 2016, 4:20 am

I found a way to produce the SRT file. If anyone would be interested in it(Chinese sub.), you could try this one:
http://1drv.ms/1UNxR9P

MiKuna Matata

Return to The Lion Guard